New BOE letter Jan 2010

by JWFreak 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Thanks for the letter!

Elders are simply diminishing! They HAVE to resort to Mini Servants. This is evidence of Jehovah's blessings!

• VM44
    VM44

The bureaucracy of a fantasy world.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Elders are simply diminishing! They HAVE to resort to Mini Servants. This is evidence of Jehovah's blessings!

Has to be the case. I seen others in other congs. leave before I did. Folks you would never think. Old elders back then probably dead now, or not in good health. From reports here, the org. has gotten wackier and more have left. Seems like lot's of good x-elders here. Can't see as many people reaching out or meeting the qualifications to be appointed elder how days.

The WTS is bleeding out from self-inflicted wounds.

Think About It

• minimus
    minimus

Plus they make elders choose between talking to their families, letting their kids live in their homes if they don't want the "Truth" anymore, etc. Many principled men have stopped being "Servants" and instead have taken care of their flesh and blood.

• AGuest
    AGuest

They're stopping a VERY important step short:

WT Letter to BOE, January 2010:

"... prior to their informing the person of their decision, the chairman of the committee will submit a printed or typewritten report to the branch office. The confidential report should clearly outline the facts of the case and the conclusion reached by the responsible judicial committee. ... If the decision is to disfellowship, the committee will then submit the Notification of Disfellowshipping or Disassociation (S-77) form to the
    branch office in the usual way."

Christ, to his disciples, circa 27-30 CE (for those who need to see it in writing... and, particularly, in the Bible):

"If your brother sins, go and show him his fault, in private. If he listens to you, you have won your brother. But if he does not listen to you, take one or two more with you, so that 'by the mouth of two or three witnesses every fact may be confirmed'. If he refused to listen to them... tell it to the congregation; and if he refuses to listen even to the congregation let him be to you as a stranger and a tax collector." Matthew 18:15-17

This ommission is EXACTLY what almost destroyed the Corinthians congregation, Paul directing folks to do things (1) that my Lord never authorized them to do, and (2) trying to make the decision after ignoring the wishes of the congregation.

Will these never learn the TRUTH of what my Lord is also recorded to have said?

"The kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. As he began the settlement, a man who owed him 10,000 denarii was brought to him. Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he, and his wife, and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt. "The servant fell on his knees before him. 'Be patient with me,' he begged, 'and I will pay back everything.' The servant's master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.

"But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii He grabbed him and began to choke him. 'Pay back what you owe me!' he demanded. "His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, 'Be patient with me, and I will pay you back.' "But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt.

“When the other servants saw what had happened, they were greatly distressed and went and told their master everything that had happened. "Then the master called the servant in. 'You wicked servant,' he said, 'I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. Shouldn't you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?' In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.

"This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brotherfrom your heart."

Hypocrites! May the Most Holy One of Israel, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, whose name is JAH of Armies, have mercy on THEM... through His Son and Christ, my Lord, the Holy Spirit and Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH.

I bid you all peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Actually, sisters were used extensively 40 years ago, especially in rural areas. Many smaller congregations had very few men at all, much less servants. Sisters did the accounts, and "manned" the literature/magazine counter. There were the usual articles on occasion about how they were under the "headship" of some male, even if it was the CO who visited a few times a year. In reality some of the sisters knew more about how to run the congregation than any male did. Which isn't difficult to believe.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

So now 2 elders can make up a kangaroo court, I feel blessed they had 5 elders meet with me, and then 8 during my appeal.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Sorry brothers, wish I could help. Not!!!

As for the keeping the door open rule, I think that's not a bad idea both for protecting the Borg and for protecting female kids. Hold on, why not just have them be visible regardless of gender? The unerlying assumption is that an elder would never make a move on a male. Yeah right.

om

• chickpea
    chickpea

my nasty apostate head went the same direction
    as OM.... who the hell is watching out for the boys??
    pederasts are hardly a last century phenomenon

anyone thinking for a moment there are not closeted
    gay men in the b0rg at every level is delusional....

and having a "back up bro" still begs the question of
    threesomes, so i dont know where the GB gets off
    *(NOT a pun) thinking the only hanky panky is M/F...

just sayin'
    they are leaving a lot of bases uncovered...
    i def could see burqas becoming sanctioned
    garb for JCs or any other activity involving
    what is considered by the majority of
    the world to be normal social intercourse **(also not a pun)

*(ok, maybe a little one)
    **(yes, it is)

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

So the WT is completely oblivious to the idea that a male elder or MS could be sexually attracted to another male??

Wow; they really have learned NOTHING.

Let the lawsuits keep rolling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit