New BOE letter Jan 2010

by JWFreak 36 Replies latest jw friends

• awildflower
    awildflower

That's due to lack of education Rubadub.........

• WalkTall
    WalkTall

That will never happen metatron. Sisters need to keep their 'place' in the organization....doing the bulk of the door knocking work...and lest I forget they can participate in the 'privilege' of cleaning the bathrooms.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

AWildFlower LOL Destroyed is a heluva word isnt it? Since you brought that up, with the exception of fanatic Muslims, i don't think i can recall any other group that uses that word.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The habit of 'destroying' 'old light' is pretty serious stuff, IMO.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

However, when the baptismal candidate is female, the discussions should be held in such a way that the elder or ministerial servant is never
    alone with her.

Wow! Thanks for sharing - sometimes I forget how nuts they are

• awildflower
    awildflower

If someone can't be alone with the opposite sex as an adult without doing anything sexual, then the jw org is for people just like that! Maybe we should be thanking the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society for keeping these maniacs off the streets! Oh wait, they are on the streets .wf

• JWoods
    JWoods

Two thoughts:

First, isn't this a perfect example of the draconian pseudo-legal rules the watchtower people try to put on everything? Practically like the former East Germany and their people-watching police department. I loved the part where the MS could question a female applicant "in a large room where they could be seen but were out of earshot -". Paranoia at its most sublime.

Second, isn't this also a perfect example of the watchtower elite thinking up something which is absolutely and totally non-scriptural (i.e. rules in minutia about baptism)? Did Jesus have to go through such a session conducted by John the Baptist? Is there any such instruction anywhere in the new testament? Yet this is vital doctrine according to the witness leadership.

• awildflower
    awildflower

Yeah, come to think of it there were NO question during biblical baptisms. And what about Peter and the Ethiopian, they were ALONE. Maybe it doesn't count though because the Ethiopian was a Eunuch??

• Think About It
    Think About It

Dear Brothers:

This letter replaces the letter dated July 3, 2009, to all bodies of elders. The direction con-
    tained in that letter has not changed and has been repeated in paragraphs 2-5 of this letter. Thus,
    the July 3, 2009, letter should be removed from the congregation permanent file of policy letters
    and should be destroyed. Paragraphs 6-8 of this letter contain further direction on the use of min-
    isterial servants where the number of elders is limited.

Don't really see anything sinister here. Info evidently is same as 7/3/09 letter. May just want to keep files uncluttered and prevent accidentally pulling out "old policy" letter. Destroyed basically means "shred", which is a good business practice. In theory it should help keep info confidential, but we all know that doesn't happen.

Think About It

• JeffT
    JeffT

They are clearing running short of people that are qualified to be elders and/or want to be elders. Shredding old instructions isn't a bad idea, it keeps people from looking at old procedures and following them by mistake. In the business world, for most things, this means ripping it in half and tossing it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit