Did You Have Any Positive JW Leanings When You First Came Here?

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• parakeet
    parakeet

I knew they were evil and cultish, but I didn't realize the extent of their evil, cultish ways until I came here.

• dissed
    dissed

When I came here I thought the GB were just kind, humble, gentle old men doing their best, although imperfect.

After 2 months of JWN indictrination, I felt they are the real apostates and had hijacked the org. just like Rutherford did.

Now, after 5 months of JWN reading, I feel they are just lying scum deserving of some divine retribution.

• KnowlegeSeeker_UK
    KnowlegeSeeker_UK

May I bravely state, there are not many HATE sites on the internet. Or DISLIKE sites on the internet, There are not many RECOVERY sites on the internet. I think this forum and many like them exist becuase it isnt easy letting go. If being a JW was 100% hell, it would be easy to walk away middle finger high and never to consider again. I once tried Karate and hated it, not been on any karate forums talking about how transparent and useless it is.

I truly believe we are here because it is hard. We are pained. We are like animals wounded and lost in a big wide world. some of us were kicked out, some of us were too different to stay, some of us like me left upon earth shaking realisation........ "Woah...hang on a minute...this is all bullshit!"

We are here becuase it isnt easy to let go. We are here because we seek solace and strength from other like minded people. We are here because there are things we miss. WT shaped holes in our lives we must replace...with something. I feel anger at what they took, sadness at what I left behind. I think anyone that says there is no good in the organisation does themself harm, you are declaring yourself not good, as you were once part of it.

I truly believe we all have pro JW feelings. Thats why it pains us so much that it isnt true.

Ok let the ass kicking begin LOL

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"I truly believe we all have pro JW feelings. Thats why it pains us so much that it isnt true."

I'm not going to kick your ass about your opinion but I don't happen to agree. Some of us here may have regrets that the fairytale wasn't true but I sure don't and I'm quite sure there are others on the board who feel the same way.

I'm here cuz here I have access to folks who can relate to being raised in the bOrg and having to deal with parents who are jws. It's a stress reliever and I like it.

Josie

• leec
    leec

Yes I was, so much so that I think people thought I was playing games when I went through my own mini "crisis of consciousness" over the course of 2 or 3 weeks after invading this site.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

No, none for the organization. I've never been a member, only married in. At one time, I thought the WT teachings were eccentric, but basically harmless. Before I started reading here and related sites, living among Witness in-laws had convinced me that their doctrines were worse than eccentric, and in fact are dangerous to both the physical and mental well-being of those who follow them.

I started reading here when our mixed marriage hit the skids several years ago, but only began posting after it ended (for self-therapy, I admit).

I still have positive feelings for individual Witnesses: my Ex and kids, even the in-laws. They are the unfortunate victims of the deluded puppet-masters in Brooklyn, not evil persons themselves. Remembering to make the distinction between perpetrator and victim is the key to forgiving the things that they do because of WT doctrines, and being able to forgive is the key to healing and moving on with life.

GLT

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Yes. I was still defending them even though i was D/F in 2000. I found this site after looking into "IF" JWs actually may be supporting my ex in how she has handled the childrens access to me.

It was hard to even read stuff on here to to start with, i was actually quite frightened... it was amazing that even 12 years out, that they still held my mind in this way.

oz

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Not in the slightest. And it has only deteriorated since. In fact, the only positive feeling I have in their regard, is that I am positive about my negativity towards them.

Cheeses. Always caring.

• cantleave
    cantleave

When I first came across this siteI was still very pro. By the time I wrote my first post I was feeling trapped and wanted out.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I was already seeking to become an apostate, because once Jehovah pxxxes me off, I feel it appropriate to pxxx Him off in return.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit