Did You Have Any Positive JW Leanings When You First Came Here?

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I think they as a whole try and be good though there are many jackasses. As a group I trust them on morals etc. I think there are wosre groups like moonies.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Double nope. I had been learning more and more of them even before I joined this site.

villabolo

• spawn
    spawn

I had lost faith with what I was reading and hearing before I was told about this Site. I thought something was wrong when the goalposts kept being moved,

Thanks to all the good people here I now know that I should not feel guilty as I have done nothing wrong.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

No, I had no positive JW leanings whatsover. But my feelings were a jumbled mess. This board has really helped me to make sense of a lot of things. My feelings are still very negative but I know more what I feel and why I feel that way. In some ways I am even angrier or at least I know much of my negative feelings have been anger and grief and regret . And I know now that I cannot have a relationship with any of my extended family that are still JWs. Unfortunately, even the ones that are no longer JWs it is very hard if not impossible to have a relationship with because so much damage has been done. No one will talk about it. It's like the big unmentionable subject. The 2000 lb elephant in the room.

• keeshondgirl
    keeshondgirl

I was confused and didn't know what to think or believe. I didnt know others had similar doubts as myself. At first I supported some of their teachings, but this site helped me discover some of the coverups that I didnt know about such as the U.N. involvement, reality of JW child molesters, teachings that have been changed over and over due to new light and all the dumb dates they come up with. Time made me see them for who they are in less than 6 months. I'm grateful for this site and what people contribute on here.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

I have positive JW leanings. In fact I still believe most of what they teach is true. No trinity, no hellfire, paradise earth, etc. I believe the kingdom that Jesus talked about is a real government. I think true Christians would be politically neutral and united in doctrinal belief, like they are. I believe disfellowshipping is scriptural. I don't believe in evolution and I do think Adam and Eve are real.

I basically believe everything except their interpretation of the ransom. I believe the way Russell taught it, that virtually everyone will be saved. That Jesus' death is truly a 'ransom for all'. (This article essentially outlines what I believe, except for a few details: http://www.biblestudents.com/ransom_00001_1.cfm )

I also can't get used to the idea of 'counting time'. As far as contributions toward the cause, we're not supposed to let our 'right hand know what the left is doing' right? I think donating your time to the preaching work is in the same catagory as donating money. That issue by itself, though, wouldn't keep me away.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

Of course, though, I'm open to the possibility that I'm wrong about everything.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

At first I still believed that JW's were right about blood transfusions, 1914 and using the name Jehovah. I was mostly interested in what really happened at Bethel around 1980 and what caused the 1975 fiasco. I still had a lot to learn.....

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

No, I lost any positive leanings when I was on the beyondjw site. I came here a little later.

W

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

1914/607BCE - pretty obviously bullshit

Blood - they may have something - but allowing to die - no

JCs- disfellowhipping - Totally unchristian

No trinity - Yes they are correct

No Hellfire - yes they are correct

Interfering in married couples sex livess - TOTALLY wrong

theocratic School - Good free public speaking training

Vast majority of their doctrines -antitypical/typical etc - mostly totally bullshit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit