The worldwide unity of Jehovah's Witness

by paul from cleveland 35 Replies latest jw friends

• agent zero
    agent zero
    I've heard from fellow JWs that in Hawaii, JW men don't wear suits and ties out in service because nobody in Hawaii does

thats also the case in northern canada in native territories

• agent zero
    agent zero
    Also, others didn't seem to understand that prostitution is fornication. They figure that if she was willing and he paid, it was just business

Billy.. Really?!? where was that, thats too crazy hahaha

• shamus100
    shamus100

If you're looking at silly details like who wears a tie, shorts, etc. when it's 120 degrees out, then wow! There is a lot of disunity then, LOL.

Other than that, they are a bunch of unified moonies.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If you're looking at silly details like who wears a tie, shorts, etc. when it's 120 degrees out, then wow!

There is a lot of disunity then, LOL.

Here in Canada..

Cowboy boots or no cowboy boots..

Leather Jacket or No leather Jacket..

Pants or Skirts for ladies in constant sub zero weather..

Fashon is Fickle in the WBT$..

Everything else remains the same..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• Adrianoblue
    Adrianoblue

some brothers from switzerland wear earings.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland
    bethlites would take food and supplies from inventory, sometimes even money, for themselves or their families but didn't think it was "stealing" because they weren't attacking someone to get it. Also, others didn't seem to understand that prostitution is fornication. They figure that if she was willing and he paid, it was just business.

Now, if this is true, it would be the real kind of difference I'm talking about.

• agonus
    agonus

The unity is a myth. The org will bend/break the rules for those who are truly "loyal" and make life a living hell for those who question. I speak from experience as a Witness in the U.S.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They all have the same Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger to answer to, and they print the same littera-trash to everyone in the world. And, anyone that refuses to believe whatever the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger puts in that littera-trash is not going to stay a witless for long.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

A few years ago I was having a drink in a bar near my place and got chatting to the girl serving, cut a long story short we got on the subject of religion and I explained I used to be a JW, turns out she was half Nigerian half Swedish and spent the early years of her life in Nigeria and had a lot of friends who were Dubs and knew quite a lot about them, she explained that the Dubs from her city were the most immoral,corrupt dishonest people that she had ever met, far more then any of the other Christian groups that she knew. I nodded along with her tales with an ironic smile.

• Gayle
    Gayle

In the 60s I started wearing high top boots (up to the knees) in the snowy winter in service. I started being called the "hippy pioneer" just because of that. It was not at that time among JWs to be considered a compliment. I would just smile and say "well, I'm the only one out here that's warm" and wink. Now-a-days it probably is no issue at all. It is crazy just one little thing like that and you would be considered getting on the "edge" of spiritual concern.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit