The worldwide unity of Jehovah's Witness

by paul from cleveland 35 Replies latest jw friends

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

Everything I read on this website and elsewhere indicates that the Witness are extremely united in doctrine and practices worldwide. When I'm reading comments here, I have no idea whether the person is posting from the US or some other part of the world (unless they say so). Everyone's experience seems to be the same wherever they live. Has anyone who's traveled to different parts of the world seen any differences? Even subtle ones?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    the Witness are extremely united in doctrine and practices worldwide

All who refuse to conform are disfellowshipped.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland
    All who refuse to conform are disfellowshipped.

I know, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any local customs or practices are picked up anywhere in the world. Like, maybe, the African countryside or somewhere.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Yes;

The cult teachings are quite prevalent and enforced in all countries that I've seen.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland
    Yes;
    The cult teachings are quite prevalent and enforced in all countries that I've seen.

No, I'm mean differences from one part of the world to another.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Not really, Paul.

They read from the same cult literature, the same books, and there is no room for interpretation. They are a wonderfully unified in teaching cult, because even in third worlds, they are not allowed to question the teachings.

Just like the moonies.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Think About It

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Yes, in some African countries the Sisters can go out in service bare breasted but not in the USA!

Outaservice

• shamus100
    shamus100

I love how the witnesses teach... if you're a new convert, and question anything, you can either:

A) Accept it using god's holy spirit, or

B) Your heart wasn't willing to accept the truth, or

C) Jehovah's spirit was not on you, therefore your heart condition wasn't right.

Not a cult? YEAH, RIGHT!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The worldwide..

"Keep your Mouth Shut,or we`ll Throw you out".. ..

Policy..

Of the WBT$..

................................ ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit