Onereason for a gentleman fader to stay reasonably associated...

by whataburger 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Michelle365
    Michelle365

I'm with you Magwitch. I find it appalling and disgusting.

• dgp
    dgp

I find this post very interesting for personal reasons.

I think we're discussing about marriages, not just flings or involvements, which, as we all know, happen very often.

I'm sure many of you are aware that these May to December marriages happen outside of the WTS, too. Sometimes it's love, yes. Often, however, the man wants to have younger flesh, and a woman who's easier to control, while the woman wants security (sometimes in the shape of a dollar sign, yes) and is perhaps attracted to older men who can have a conversation with her. It's a sad fact of life that twenty-something women don't necessarily feel that twenty-something men understand them.

It's not that often that an older women marries a younger man. When there is a marriage, quite often the man wants money and sleeps with someone else. The woman wants control.

It seems to me that being in the WTS brings another element to this situation. I'm sure many young sisters wouldn't marry brother 40something were it not for the fact that he's in the religion. Also, brother 40something wouldn't have a chance with most of the young sisters were it not for the fact that it's not that easy for them to marry outside. I have the feeling that this is like a straitjacket, and people have to adapt to what they have. Many an odd marriage does result.

I understand that women are the majority in the WTS, and, therefore, some of them are bound to end up single, unless they marry outside, which is something most won't do, I understand.

The WTS being mysoginistic, the man has it easier. It seems to me that it's easier to control a woman if she fears that her eternal salvation depends on "obeying Jehovah", which includes male headship. I'm not sure how far this headship thing goes, but I have the feeling that it's something like "You have to do as I say". I'm not a witness, so forgive my ignorance.

I'm sure that many JW men treat their women well. But the way the WTS is organized, women are at a disadvantage.

I also find it appaling and disgusting that some men have the opportunity to use WTS regulations to their advantage, so they can get younger flesh.

Leec, I think that JW women are just as good or bad looking as the rest of the population they come from. What you find attractive is that you feel that this is a woman with better morals. It might be the case, or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit