Onereason for a gentleman fader to stay reasonably associated...

by whataburger 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Think About It
    Think About It

Michelle......Sounds like he had some connections in the KH. That's not your typical 2 people acting on feelings for each other. It should have been a very suspect situation due to the possiblity there could have been underage activity going on. Usually such persons had to prove themselves for a much longer time before considered for re-instatement, but nothing surprises me now. Hope you are doing well.

Think About It

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

My 36 year old ex husband just married a 19 year old girl last week. He of course had the full support of the congregation. Ewwwwwww

Wrong on so many levels

36 year old guy picks up 19 year old bit of fluff - nice one mate. Was she drunk or does she just have a thing for older men!

36 year old dating 19 year old girl - ok, well we all like a bit of arm candy. What do you talk about? The brothers will be looking at you with envy and praying to jah that their wives want out of "the truth"!

36 year old marries 19 year old - ummmm have you thought about this? do you realise that the sex kitten turns into a cat when you marry her?

Congregation fully supports this - right ok now this is weird!

Prepare to see mass DFs of younger men so those older ones get a chance! Oh hang on thats the FLDS policy!

• Michelle365
    Michelle365

Yes he is very well connected. He even succeeded in pestering the elders to have me disassociated without any JC or anything. They annouced my DA and the new wife's baptism on the same night back to back. Out with the old and in with the new!

It really bugs me how easy it all is for him and how the congregation just fawns over him. Blech!

I am doing very well, thank you!

How are you?

• Michelle365
    Michelle365

Married to the Mob-- She does seem to have some serious "daddy issues". I've tried talking to her about both the religion and my ex husbands tendency towards mental & emotional abuse and his manipulative ways. You know how it goes though, when teenagers are in love there is no talking them out of it!

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

Michelle

I hope you didn't waste too much breath or energy on persuading her! If she want to keep him maybe you should suggest to her that they move to croydon in the uk!

He sounds a bit like one of my friends ex. He was older and had a girfriend and then dumped her for my friend who was 23/24 at the time when she hooked up with him, he kept her around for about 8 - 10 years and has now ditched her for a younger model who is about 22.

• Michelle365
    Michelle365

I didn't spend too much time on it. I just feel so bad. I don't want her to have to go through all the shit I had to endure. I was so miserable for so long.

I have a feeling the marriage will end when she grows up a bit. He doesn't like strong independant women. He wants the young easy to control type. lol.

• Think About It
    Think About It

What always bothered me.....was these a-holes who would counsel and pester people over the silliest of things, saying: "how will it look to others". Then, at first chance they go out and do something like this without considering "how it will look to others".

Michelle.....unless you want to reveal it in a post, could you PM me if the elders at least questioned him about underage activity? Were you suspect to that? I would have been all over that issue.

Think About It

• Michelle365
    Michelle365

I'm not sure Think About It. I was married for 9 years. After I left I had an elder come to me and tell me that my ex had been "inappropriate" with his 15 year old daughter while I was marred and that due to my ex's connections he was being "counseled" only and not having a JC. The same elder told me that he had already been counseled regarding 2 more of my previous babysitters and that the fathers of these girls had all been stumbled by the the elders lack of action. Those families DID leave our congregation but I had no idea of the reason WHY at the time. The elders never informed me of ANY of it. This all happened while I was till married to him and an active witness.

His now wife was "worldly" at the time that he hooked up with her so I don't know that the elders knew of her age. I had already moved out but was still legally married to him and they didn't inform me that I was scripturally free or anything. They've ignored me since I left unless it was to dig up dirt on me. I am very grateful to the elder that contacted me to inform me of all this, and hope that one day he wakes up and gets his family out of this destructive "religion".

• leec
    leec

I know my "observation" is just selective opinion, but is based on these coincidences:

- when reading various threads on here where members have posted photos of themselves and spouses, bfs, gfs, etc ... many of the women have been attractive, some extremely so (not coveting, just observing )

- on the occassions when JWs have shown up at my door, when I used to answer to chat with them, more often than not when there were women, at least one of them was very pretty ... one time in particular, a full-on southern california goddess

- the young lady who has scrambled my brains with an eggbeater, causing me to arrive here in a heap of dizzy confusion ... well, she is just stunning beyond words, almost beyond thought itself. I even think her mother is attractive, and I'm never attracted to older women.

p.s. ....

FWIW I become attracted by the face, and in particular the eyes. I'm not really one for heels or enormous cleavage or any of these other typical things many guys focus on. And about the face and eyes, it's partly the physical appearance, my own subjective tastes etc, but at least as much is the personality which appears through facial expressions and the inner-self projecting through the eyes from deep inside.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

As the only parent to two gorgeous teenage girls (ages 17 & 18 who actively date), I would take a shotgun to any man they brought home that was more than a year or two older than them. It is infuriating to hear about these parents that allow (and even encourage) a relationship with a dirty old man. How is it any different than the parents in the Hebrew scriptures that sacrificed their children? Where are these parents' brains?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit