Should the Ten Americans Accused of Kidnapping Stand Trial in Haiti?

by The Berean 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Berean
  • asilentone
    asilentone

I do not know.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Of course.

• Caedes
    Caedes

I know their story doesn't hold water although I can't see they would get an impartial trial in Haiti or America.

As far as I can see they are going to get the benefit of the doubt by playing the religion card. Personally I can't see why if they were genuine they were in such a hurry to get the kids and get out.

• chicken little
    chicken little

Kidnapping children that are not registered or even proven to be orphans is a terrible crime. These people are taking advantage of the chaos in the country and they should be held accountable for their actions. I hope they are given serious sentences as that will discourage other religious groups from doing similar things in other poor countries.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

They may have had good intentions (even I don't quite believe that ) but they overstepped and went about it all the wrong way. Now they have to deal with the conseqences of their actions.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

It's a tough call for me. I really think they were trying to do the right thing. However, I know things have to be done legally.

I have to be honest, after seeing the aftermath of the earthquake... I wanted to go and grab as many children as could and bring them home with me

• Gregor
    Gregor

That will be determined by the magistrate they will appear before. He has the authority to drop the whole thing or pursue the kidnapping charges.

My gut feeling is that they were naive but well intentioned and had no criminal angle. At worst they might have thought they could save all those little pagan souls for Jesus. There are worse things that could happen to them in the Haitian hell hole.

If, however, they discovered that they had a supply contract with ACORN to provide child sex slaves (aka, future Democrats) they should be put away for a long time.

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass

You definitely posted this thread in the wrong section as this story obviously has nothing to do with the Bible.

• ssn587
    ssn587

IMO they were trying to do the right thing or what they believed was the right thing, also IMO, the U.S. should stop any and all help to the domican republic and Haiti until they get their heads out of their ass over this, people from U.S. go there to Haiti to help then get waylaid by the dominican republic when they are trying to take the kids somewhere better, well its time this country got some balls and set the Dominican Republic straight as how to handle U.s. citizens. But then again I don't suffer banana republics very well either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit