Should the Ten Americans Accused of Kidnapping Stand Trial in Haiti?

by The Berean 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nelly136
    nelly136

haiti.

they should have followed the proper procedures, the red tape although inconvinient to them are there to protect the children from being taken willy nilly by all and sundry. anyone can scream religion as a reason, it doesnt make it right.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

IMO, all our opinions are based on what we've read from the media. So all the above opinions are irrelevant and any opinion I can give on this matter is also irrelevant. IMHO, of course.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Interesting how even their lawyer is defending 9 of the accused but did little to defend the ringleader. She seems to have quite the legacy of failed payments to employees, mortgage foreclosures, questionable business dealings. Good Christian...

Were they well intentioned? I think so. Illegal acts? HELL YA.

These people had no right going in Country post disaster. Kidnapping is harsh but if there were a criminal charge for being stupid, they should get the book thrown at them.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

blah blah blah opinion blah blah blah

• shamus100
    shamus100

Any time you step foot into a foreign country you are bound by those laws, period.

Do you agree with them? Good. Do you not agree with them? Too bad - don't travel there. It's perposterous to imagine anyone thinking that they are above any country's law.

This is another 'Dog The Bounty Hunter' mentality going on, and it's unacceptable to even imagine they are not accountable for their actions.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Daniel. Having just returned from Haiti and the Dominican Republic doing Humanitarian Relief and working with orphans there and coordinating the receipt of orphans coming into Canada since the earthquake, I think I have a little better perspective than just your blah blah pithy response.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Someone is not aware of what Uzzah does. *hugs Uzzah for his work with the children and the relief work in general*

Jackie

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

If a religious group came into the USA and just took 33 kids out of the country, would we demand justice? I don't know anything more than what the media is showing, but I don't believe that anyone is that naive ....and I'm sure we don't know the whole story yet either. Maybe they are innocent...maybe not. It's Haiti's call - it's their country. sammieswife.

• Caedes
    Caedes
    IMO they were trying to do the right thing or what they believed was the right thing, also IMO, the U.S. should stop any and all help to the domican republic and Haiti until they get their heads out of their ass over this, people from U.S. go there to Haiti to help then get waylaid by the dominican republic when they are trying to take the kids somewhere better, well its time this country got some balls and set the Dominican Republic straight as how to handle U.s. citizens. But then again I don't suffer banana republics very well either.

Congratulations, you win jingoist of the month. I thought Americans liked to see themselves as the good guys, the ones that believed in the rule of law, in justice and accountability, in doing the right thing. Have morals in America changed so much?

• beksbks
    beksbks
    IMO they were trying to do the right thing or what they believed was the right thing, also IMO, the U.S. should stop any and all help to the domican republic and Haiti until they get their heads out of their ass over this, people from U.S. go there to Haiti to help then get waylaid by the dominican republic when they are trying to take the kids somewhere better, well its time this country got some balls and set the Dominican Republic straight as how to handle U.s. citizens. But then again I don't suffer banana republics very well either.
    Congratulations, you win jingoist of the month.

Awwww Caedes! You beat me to it!

You know people in other countries are barely human, if thier kids get stolen by Jesus lovin' Americans, they should consider themselves lucky!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit