Out of Left Field...Strange things you were told by elders

by FollowerOfSet 22 Replies latest jw friends

• manicmama
    manicmama

I had not been to meetings regularly for a while, but my husband begged me to go on a sunday morning and I obliged him. After the meeting brother know-it-all came up to my husband (who I was standing beside) and said very matter of fact "We need to have a talk with you about your wife!" He looked at me like WTF??!! and we walked out. I said that's it, I'm never going back!

Did I say he was holding my hand and holding me down very quietly as he knew I was about to come unglued on this guy. I could have given him a tongue lashing that would make a sailor blush! I never went back and thanks to brother know-it-all neither did my husband, it was the final straw!

MM

• life is to short
    life is to short

An elder during his public talk calling a brother who was a level 3 child rapist now he is down to a level two but this elder gave a ten minute part about it all being such a miscarriage of justice and that the brother was just a big gentile giant.

How sick is that.

LITS

• freetosee
    freetosee

"Another elder said that we would colonize other planets, and that since the bible never said the big j didn't make other inhabited worlds that there was a whole universe of planets to colonize after armageddon."

I remember that being taught at the book study. It was in the gray "Prince of Peace" book, if I remember correctly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit