Out of Left Field...Strange things you were told by elders

by FollowerOfSet 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Elder to me after a meeting (I was studying at the time):

er eh well..we er eh you know dont eh tend to er grow beards in the the truth, so eh you know we try to discourage this..eh no offence..its just that we er want to display a clean image (chuckle chuckle/HEARTY LAUGH)... hope you er understand as some ..well you know... might be stumbled to see brothers eh well unshaved like.

Naive me thinking it was scriptural: oh sorry brother, I didnt realise it was wrong to have a beard. Yes, i'll get rid of it.... (which I promptly did )

• JerkhovahsWitless
    JerkhovahsWitless

everyone being resurrected that it included all the babies that had miscarried or were aborted

Another elder said that we would colonize other planets, and that since the bible never said the big j didn't make other inhabited worlds that there was a whole universe of planets to colonize after armageddon.

Yes! I've had the same load of crap told to me, too

• JRK
    JRK

One haughty elder in my city once told me that he has the equivalent of a college education, because he studied hard in High School.

Dick is a dick.

JK

• blondie
    blondie

That DisneyWorld is as close to the Kingdom as you can get this side of Armageddon. (really)

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

That the JW have the TRUTH...

• FollowerOfSet
    FollowerOfSet

When I was 8 I brought my optimus prime transformer to the meeting. A brother asked me what it was and I said a "transformer"

To which he replied that it was wicked and evil. why? Because the Devil TRANSFORMS himself into an angel of light......

• villabolo
    villabolo

Aeiouy: Elder: "You know, brother so-and-so, being smart in Jehovah's organization is not always a good thing."

Barbara Grizzuti Harrison, author of Visions of Glory, a book on her life as a Jehovah's Witness and Bethelite, wrote about a similar experience to yours. She was going to quit Bethel and was speaking to Knorr. Knorr told her something to the effect that she was intelligent which she admitted. Knorr then told her something to the effect that that was the problem with her, she was too intelligent.

Contrast this with what the elders in my Appeal Judicial Committee told me. An elder who was part of my original JC was present and after the decision had been made to disfellowship me told the Appeal Committee that I was a very intelligent person. An elder from the AC told me that was good because the Organization needed more intelligent people. No s**t Sherlocks! I felt like my intelligence was insulted. I also realized they were admitting to a lack of qualified people in the Organization.

villabolo

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The hounders told me to just meet other men at the a$$embly--on two consecutive Grand Boasting Sessions. And that was when I started missing them on purpose.

• Edington
    Edington

Dinosaurs were walking the earth when Noah was alive!

ed

• Heaven
    Heaven

"Jehovah's Witnesses can answer all your questions."

They never have... and they never will.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit