Moscow officials to evict Jehovah's Witnesses from Moscow estate

by Mythbuster 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Worldwide this will be shot in the arm for the Watchtower coffers, IMO.
    It makes the "persecution" very real.
    Time to get out your wallets Brothers & Sisters.

Ironically, I think this whole branch closing thing might not be so bad for the WTS. It does encourage donations and sympathy, and serves as a distraction for the rank and file to spur them into doing more field service.

• agonus
    agonus

"Persecution" aside, what the hell does a religion only interested in the dispensation of truth need with acres of historical property and mansions?

If your message is truth and your practices are not cultish, you could operate out of the back of a van and have success - provided what you really care about is reaching people.

"Persecution" is police beating you with sticks, not having dishonestly-acquired property-wealth you DON'T FUCKING NEED confiscated.

• agonus
    agonus

The Watchtower, like Scientology, is reaping what it's sown. Period.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Exactly agonus.

You are not going to get a lot of good karma with fear mongering and mind control techniques.

Hats off to Russia for not putting up with the B.S.

I hear what BTS is trying to say though.... I am not real comfortable with government poking in to the private sector ....however when it comes to crackpot religious organizations that are pulling the human race down with their teachings of hate and intolerance wrapped in a facade of love and happiness - I am okay with anything that limits their power, wealth and influence.

Peace to all,

The Oracle

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

Well, it’s about time they evict them, I always thought those on Moscow were smarter than to let them run a-muck this long.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit