Moscow officials to evict Jehovah's Witnesses from Moscow estate

by Mythbuster 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

How long have they owned it? Maybe the value has changed?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

There's no love lost for the Watchtower for me, like all of us X-JWs, but Russia is going down a bad road.

BTS

• JWoods
    JWoods
    but Russia is going down a bad road.
    BTS

This is a very correct point - but still it makes you wonder why the WTS thought they needed such a grand branch office. For one thing, do they really believe in their corporate hearts that the end is really coming so soon if they are buying things like this?

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

I don't know if this is it or not. http://www.geophoto.ru/?kolvo=3&l=EN&action=collection&id=1374&p=0&subaction=small&group=0&search=

Another set http://www.flickr.com/photos/27224179@N07/2907861610/in/photostream/

When I search for Mikhalkovo Estate, Google asks if I meant Mikhalkov Estate.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

BTS,

Russia is going down a bad road.

Well you won't find any bleeding heart from me over it. The way WT corporation treats its members who disagree with their doctrine by DF'n them and separating them from their children and family. It's poetic justice, the Russian government isn't forbidding JW from believing or telling them what to believe they are taking away property from a publishing company who treats it members like shit, they are a corporation disguised as a religion, that just fleeces its members and cast them by the wayside when they have no use for them any more plane and simple.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Good to see wts loosing property, I hope r&f witnesses don't suffer too much as most of them are victims of the cult. The people there are very poor and most witnesses bought into the story of imminent paradise and end of their suffering that's probably a big reason why jws in poor nations have such success. WTS will soon be whinning to international bodies over persecution while they should just take it as satan testing their loyaly and have faith that god won't let them be tested beyond what they can bare :)

Russia isn't happy with US and jws are American religion thus more pressure will be put on these organizations. China likewise will step up anti-us rhetoric since US is pushing their way around too much while being a bankrupt state living off the good will of foreign nations willing to sponser the american spending habits. Basically US is Rome in decline - nothing falls apart over night. Russians don't like the missle defence system at their doorstep and they don't like American's pushing on Iranians since losing Iran to Americans would give the entire control of the region to US and Israel which is not beneficial to Russia nor China.

• Mythbuster
  • spawn
    spawn

Id just kick them all out of the country, sell the land and buildings and give the money to charity. The Borg have never done a thing for their own so stuff them and let them fall.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Well Frankie, I second that sentiment. But the fact is, if a government doesn't respect property rights, freedom of assembly, or freedom of religion in the instance of one unsavory sect, what's to stop them from muscling in on everyone else? First they came for the Witnesses.....

I think the Watchtower should be challenged, but I would like to see a way where our grievances can be redressed within a framework that doesn't violate basic human rights. We need to file more lawsuits, test the law. We need better lawyers. Eventually we might get a sympathetic judge that will establish our right to compensation for some of the society's abuses and set a precedent. Either it opens up a can of whoop ass all over the country, or it forces the Watchtower to change its behavior. They can have all the looney doctrine they want, just like anyone else, but the abuses caused by shunning etc will be put to an end.

BTS

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Well Frankie, I second that sentiment. But the fact is, if a government doesn't respect property rights, freedom of assembly, or freedom of religion in the instance of one unsavory sect, what's to stop them from muscling in on everyone else? First they came for the Witnesses.....

Oh, yeah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit