Moscow officials to evict Jehovah's Witnesses from Moscow estate

by Mythbuster 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Theres nothing wrong in the Russian Government taking WBT$ Property..

Remember..

It`s not Jehovah`s Witness Property..

It`s WBT$ Property!!

If the WBT$ decided to sell it and leave Russia..

The local Jehovah`s witness`s would`nt see a dime of that money..

The local Jehovah`s Witness`s have`nt lost a thing..

The WBT$ has just lost a Big Future Paycheck..

Good!..

I hope the WBT$ loses more money.

Moony 1

............................. ...OUTLAW

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

As usual, OUTLAW cuts through all the crap and lays the truth bare. Just like that

BTS

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL@Burns!!..

............................. ...OUTLAW

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I agree with BTS on this. While I have no use for the WT, the heavy-handed tactics of the Russian government are too much like the bad old days "back in the USSR". If freedom doesn't apply to everybody, even (especially!) those who abuse it, then nobody is really free.

GLT

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

BTW, although the term "branch" is being used, this propety is a Kingdom Hall, e.g. the English Congregation has its meetings there. The Russian branch is situated in Solnetsnoye, close to St. Petersburg.

BTW: it is often said that the a countrys respect for human rights, esp. religious freedom, may be judged on how they treat JWs... That does not give Russia a very good image at all.

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

I don't disagree with it. They're dangerous, and they're banned for being an extremist group, which they are! Some things don't need/deserve the freedom to keep on going, they need to be stopped.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Worldwide this will be shot in the arm for the Watchtower coffers, IMO.

It makes the "persecution" very real.

Time to get out your wallets Brothers & Sisters.

om

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Worldwide this will be shot in the arm for the Watchtower coffers, IMO.

It makes the "persecution" very real.

Time to get out your wallets Brothers & Sisters.

om

True Enough..

The WBT$ lost the money you donated..

Send More..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• sacolton
    sacolton

Are the Jehovah's Witnesses gnashing their teeth?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Tirebiter,

If freedom doesn't apply to everybody, even (especially!) those who abuse it, then nobody is really free.

I don't don't worry about Russia, and religious freedom as applied to an organization. after all belief in an invisible Deity has been used by organizations for years to keep people from really being free "Religion really is a snare and a Racket" If the governments started to crack down on all religions for hate speach, braking up families, loss of life caused by threat of DF'n over choice of medical treatment and other scams on the gulible it won't effect my freedom, any more than if they put all murderers behind bars.

Your arguement lacks sense when you include protecting a religion's freedom that abuse its freedom to harm others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit