Just got a visit from elders

by TweetieBird 37 Replies latest jw friends

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Well, it's Sunday morning and I'm sitting here posting on this board when I hear 2 car doors slam. I peek out the window and see 2 elders walking up to the door. Since I'm still in my jammies, I told my husband to go get the door while I snuck into the bedroom.

They stopped by to drop off the latest KM (neither one of us has been in service for at least 2 years, nor do we go to hardly any meetings, let alone the Service Meeting) and to encourage us. Well, the husband told them it was not a good time so they left.

Now, I can breathe a sigh of relief until next month.

"I must stand up in search of the truth, if I don't I only roll with the flow of the lie and make it stronger.
    ---Sovereign---

• Scully
    Scully

they gave you a KM??? KEWL!!

what does it say????

Love, Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person to expose a certain religion as being false. - WT 11/15/63

• Latte
    Latte

Tweetiebird,

You jammy thing! They still let you have a KM! We have had two visit in 2yrs....no mags...nothing! Well, they did kindly let us know that our gorgeous kids will die now that we are not attending! [8>]

Still kinda spoils ya Sunday thinking that the 'men in black' might turn up! LOL

Latte

( I woke up this morning with thoughts of going to a meeting....just for the fun of it....for a laugh! HAHA There again do I really need to do that?)

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

KMs are only to be distributed at the Kingdom Hall. And only to regular publishers.

Either you're mistaken or the elders are not following proper protocol. Which is it do you think?

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

cygnus, I have no idea why they keep giving them to us.

I will post highlights at a later date, but right now I have to go get groceries and clean house, I've got the in-laws coming over for dinner tonight. I plan on sharing the UN thing with them, if the opportunity allows. I'll let ya'll know how that goes.

"I must stand up in search of the truth, if I don't I only roll with the flow of the lie and make it stronger.
    ---Sovereign---

• Latte
    Latte

Cygnus,

Perhaps Tweetibird has extra-loving elders in her locality. Perhaps they wanted her to see just what she is missing on a Thursday evening (cough...cough....splutter,,)

Actually, I also though that it was active pubs. that were elegible for KM's.

Latte

• Shimmer
    Shimmer

I'm also surprised that they gave you a km. I haven't gotten a km in a couple of years. And i've only recently stopped going to the meetings. But I did stop going out in service a couple of years ago and have only been going to the Sunday meetings. So I figured that you only got a km if you were active in service and attended the service meeting. Let us know if there is any "new" light. ;)

shimmer

You only live once---but if you work it right, once is enough.
    ---Joe E. Lewis

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

TB:

First, look through the KM to see if there is a particular article that the Elders wanted you to see due to our own unique circumstances.

IF NOT, I would be very careful about posting here quotes or info found in it.

• ISP
    ISP

KM's are for regular publishers. I cannot think why they would give them out. Some JW boards build into security the KM's! i.e. they sak for song numbers and colour of the front to check if you are a JW.

ISP

• LB
    LB

A couple of years ago, when I was busy trying to be zealous, I got a butt chewing for giving a KM to an inactive couple.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit