Just got a visit from elders

by TweetieBird 37 Replies latest jw friends

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I have not been out in service for at least 2 years, and I have been getting KM's on a regular basis. I go to about 1 Sunday meeting a month, less lately.

I was under the impression that only active publishers were suppose to get KM's. The only reason I can think of why they continue to give them to us is in hopes that we will return regularly. It is the congregation my husband grew up in, if that makes a difference.

We were in different congregations the past 10 years and only returned to this one about a year ago. The PO came by as we were moving in (at the nudging of my mother-in-law) and encouraged us to attend since we were now back in that territory. We tried to go for a while (to keep mum happy) but haven't been in about 2 months.

Now for the highlights of the January 2002 KM:

Front page: "Keep the Kingdom First"
    Now, that is new. LOL
    "How Will They Hear?"

page 2
    Schedule for parts, as usual
    In a box is a little article entitled, "Set Something Aside"
    It seems that "Today the worldwide work of Jehovah's people keeps expanding, requiring ever-increasing financial support. It is appropriate that we too "set something aside" regularly to help fill the need. Material giving can be done in a variety of ways. (See November 1 WT, p. 28-9)

pages 3-6 are suggested presentations.

page 7:
    Announcements-same ole, same ole except for an announcement about "researchers and others have contacted a number of brothers, seeking information about Jehovah's Witnesses and our organization. They have requested that survey forms be completed, supplying answers to questions related to our beliefs and teachings. If such individuals approach a congregation publisher, he should provide the name of the presiding overseer. The elders can handle such inquiries and make an appropriate response based on a letter addressed to all bodies of elders, date April 25, 2001."

In a box is an announcement entitled "New Corporations Formed" and lists the 3 new corporations

page 8,
    "Parents-Train Your Children From Infancy
    Another box entitled, "What to Say About the Magazines" which gives a brief overview of the magazines being offered during Jan and Feb.

Dang, you guys, that's the first time I've looked at a KM in years.

"I must stand up in search of the truth, if I don't I only roll with the flow of the lie and make it stronger.
    ---Sovereign---

edited for typos

• NoLongerAjw
    NoLongerAjw

Latte I am right there with you.. i have only got 2 visits in the 3 years i have been out.. and on one of them visits 2 elders told me i was killing my 2 babies since i dont go to meetings.. and told i would have to think about that every day.. shhessshh.. What loving chrsitian brothers.. But i never get Mags or anything.. they did tell me on that visit i could have a subscription whenever i came to the Hall and donated for it..
    yeah that wasnt going to happen:)

• Danni
    Danni

What is a KM?

• Nowfree
    Nowfree

I left in October 01. Two elders came round in the November. They spouted the usual stuff, said they were worried because I was their friend etc etc. Didn't believe them. They didn't say anything to make me change my mind, or even contemplate doing so.

Since then my husband and I have separated (he is still an active JW, now living with his parents), and I am dragging the JW name through the local courts to prevent my husband taking our 3 year old to meetings etc.

Funny how I haven't had another elder visit since. I think they are scared!!

Nowfree

• Latte
    Latte

NLJ,

Yes, the love is sooo under-whelming isn't it??

If only they were to think of the way Jesus is portrayed in the 'Greatest Man who ever Lived Book' maybe they would be ashamed.

Latte

• Latte
    Latte

Hey Nowfree!

It was Sept for me! Just loved walking out of the hall know full well that it was the last time. (Oh the joy!)

I wish you well with your little one, I hope that you managed to find a sypathetic lawyer. {{{hugs to ya}}}

Latte

• teejay
    teejay

Hi, Danni. looking around for AlanF>

A KM stands for Kingdom Ministry. It's basically a schedule of the meetings that they have – usually on Thursday nights. The meeting is called "The Service Meeting" and gives the members tips on how to Witness to outsiders.

----------------------------------------
    All,

Danni's question (or my answer) makes me wonder. Why are they so secretive about the KM (and I know they are). There's nothing special in the darn thing.

• KenUK
    KenUK

Stirring the memory banks..

wasn't it the "Kingdom Service" at one time..

or have I cracked:-)

• Latte
    Latte

Ken uk,

Do you remember 'back calls'?

Latte

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

You should get a copy of the KM's to Kent so he can stay up to date posting them on his website.

Tom
    "The truth was obscure, too profound and too pure; to live it you had to explode." ---Bob Dylan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit