Just got a visit from elders

by TweetieBird 37 Replies latest jw friends

• razorMind
    razorMind

Yep, KenUK, you are right...

It was called a "Kingdom Service" at one time. I remember!

• truth1
    truth1

KenUK,

Back in the day it used to be called Kingdom Ministry, then they changed it to Kingdom Service, then they changed it back to Kingdom Ministry

• truth1
    truth1

I grew up in the "truth" and about eight months ago, I stopped going except on Sundays every now and then. Now, I don't go at all. But, if ever I went to a book study, and I mean out of the blue I would go, the book study conductor would give me a Kingdom Ministry.

• JT
    JT

JT saked :
    Why are they so secretive about the KM (and I know they are). There's nothing special in the darn thing.
    ----------

excellent question- one of the things that High Control groups do is to make one feel special and wt has a number of things in their org to do just that

ask anyone who has went to "Pioneer School" and the pioneer book
    they are told not to show it to anyone- you would think that they are given some special inside info on how to sell wt books - yet anyone who has pioneered will tell you that perhaps 99% of all the info is availible to all pub- but they build it up like some big thing

same with the Eldersflock book the vast majority of the book is found in reg publications - except for some DFing procedures the rest of the book is found in old wt and km

but wt makes it SO SPECIAL-

it is often observed that "Org" create these Speical things to make folks feel special
    I was over to the hospital 2 weeks ago to ck on someone and we went to get something to eat and in the lunch room was a little funky divider about 4 feet high that separated the Dr from the common staff

the table were the same, the food, the silverware everything was exactly the same except for that little funky 4ft rail

and wt is no different they just have been able to master it with "God's" approval

"Religion has got to be the best idea for getting over on folks man has ever created"
    just my 2

james

• JT
    JT

TJ asked

Why are they so secretive about the KM (and I know they are). There's nothing special in the darn thing.
    ----------
    excellent question- one of the things that High Control groups do is to make one feel special and wt has a number of things in their org to do just that

ask anyone who has went to "Pioneer School" and the pioneer book
    they are told not to show it to anyone- you would think that they are given some special inside info on how to sell wt books - yet anyone who has pioneered will tell you that perhaps 99% of all the info is availible to all pub- but they build it up like some big thing

same with the Eldersflock book the vast majority of the book is found in reg publications - except for some DFing procedures the rest of the book is found in old wt and km

but wt makes it SO SPECIAL-

it is often observed that "Org" create these Speical things to make folks feel special
    I was over to the hospital 2 weeks ago to ck on someone and we went to get something to eat and in the lunch room was a little funky divider about 4 feet high that separated the Dr from the common staff

the table were the same, the food, the silverware everything was exactly the same except for that little funky 4ft rail

and wt is no different they just have been able to master it with "God's" approval

"Religion has got to be the best idea for getting over on folks man has ever created"
    just my 2

james

• sadiejive
    sadiejive

Gee...I feel privileged.

I'm not baptised. I just attend the KH (occasionally). I study with a couple of witnesses and ever since my husband and I began going to meetings, about a yr ago, we've always gotten the KMs. Man, I feel so special .

sadie

• Latte
    Latte

I used to hate the 'written review'! Never had a pen, and when I did I had a fun time guessing most of the answers. LOL

Latte

• Lindy
    Lindy

Damn, I was going regular to all the meetings except for the book study and I couldn't get a copy until I nagged them to death for two friggin' years! They just up and stopped giving it to me one month with no explanation, except that I was not at the book study when they hand them out. One sister would copy hers and staple it together for me so I had one at the service meetings. That didn't even shame them.
    Damn! You rate somehow!
    Maybe they are using it as excuse to be nosy?

As Always,
    Lindy

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

May I suggest that those apostates here who are receiving Kingdom Ministries aka Kindom Services, scan them monthly and post them here so the rest of us can see what is going on.

I just think the apostate community needs to know. Why? Because they don't want us to know, that's why.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Richard?

I just LOVE your logic!

(But hasn't Kent been posting KMs over at watchtowerobserver.org?)

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit