Jehovah's Witness warning: "Watch out for the movie Avatar".

by Cindi_67 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• choosing life
    choosing life

The real reason that jws don't like Avatar is because the Navi are similar to many earlier people who saw God through nature. They lived in harmony with the land and the watchtower would probably say they "worshipped" nature. Kinda like the American Indians.

Too bad they can't see the beauty of appreciating nature without seeing demons along with it. The movie was good and had a positive message. That it what really matters because that is what you will take away from the experience.

My only criticism of Avatar is a lack of character development. I saw it in 3-D and I always like that experience.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

i thought it was thought provoking. I encouraged an elder to watch it....

• agent zero
    agent zero

it was mentioned by name at our previous assembly

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

wow!!!! why? that reminds me of the Titanic... our CO gave a talk that made anyone that watched that movie feel like they sinned!!!! what right do they have?

• agent zero
    agent zero

just because of the word itself having to do with hindu reincarnation. thats not even what the movie is about.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

i think they are so superstitious it is sick!!

• agent zero
    agent zero

but as pointed out above, then they also shouldn't use names of the days of the week, and about 500,000 other things.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would like to propose to the witlesses an official ban on Kingdumb Maladies. They promote blatant idolatry, and contradict the Bible where it says to not put your trust in nobles. Too many of the new Kingdumb maladies actively promote (not just glorify, actively promote) worship to the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, which is comprised of a group of nobles. After they tell people that the religion has the monopoly on abiding by the Bible, they flagrantly disregard this scripture. How do I know it's in the Bible? They highlight it to keep people from voting in political offices!

If they are going to use stupid reasoning to ban innocent movies, then I am going to use the same reasoning to ban their Kingdumb Maladies.

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

My response to him was: "I don't have time to look for a demon on every little thing we see or hear." He replied back: The point of this email is that, if a demon (which is what an Avatar is) is the good guy and we continue to watch this type of enterntainment, in time we will not see it that bad. In fact, we could even think that spiritism is not that bad. Don't you think the Avatar looks like a demon? Your children are in a very critical age and Bible guidance will provide them with what they need to overcome this difficult time in their lives? (GAG ALERT) next: Did you know that in Xbox games, the characters are called avatars? You can be sure that a child that has grown up playing with avatars, the idea of an avatar does not bother him one bit. Did you know that when you play on the internet (with the Xbox) you can make your avatar have sexual relations with the other player's avatar? And all of this while they send erotic messages to each other... only Satan and his demos (and the people that let themselves be influenced by them) can come up with these nonsense in games that kids play. (WHAT THE F&%#?) Don't you think that a pedophile will seize the opportunity to seduce children like yours and mine? Research this information in "What young people Ask Vol. 2 page 247 under the subheading "The Dark Side". Protect your children. We know these things because the Organization provides them to us. If not, we Old people are not up to date with these things. This is not written to scare, it is written so we can be informed and know how to protect ourselves and not let ourselves be deceived. The purpose why the Society does this is not to scare, but expose the reality of the world we live in. The main purpose is to spread the Bible message, and along with this message, expose the bad things happening in this world dominated by the evil that exist primarily because of Satan and his demons. If you see the demonized images in movies today, we can't denied satanic influence. Those who come up with these movies are people, but we can't be so naive and think that those images and characters that look like demons are not influenced by Satan and his demons. He went on to mention Hellboy and Wolfman and a lot of mumbo jumbo that I am too tired to write. He finished saying I found my own demon and that when I am ready to return they will receive me with open arms.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Perhaps you should ask him what the last several movies he has watched were. I bet we could find something diabolically wrong with at least one of them proving that they were manifestations of satan the devil. Nothing shuts them up so well as pointing out their own hypocrisy. Case in point: several years ago I was having brunch with my dad and my brother. My dad, knowing I am an avid reader, asked me what I was reading. My answer was Harry Potter. My dad goes into a rant about demonism and yadda yadda yadda... so I ask him if he has ever actually read the books to base this opinion on or if he is just parotting what he has been told. He says of course it is demonic because it's about witches and wizards. My brother pipes in with, "So, then, that would make the Wizard of Oz demonic, too?" You see, every year as we were being raised as witnesses we had an annual viewing of The Wizard of Oz and my dad always looked forward to it. The conversation came to a halt until my dad found a way to change the subject. He never brought up Harry Potter again. Best way to shut them up: point out the stupidity of their argument and their own hypocrisy in making it.

Jackie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit