Jehovah's Witness warning: "Watch out for the movie Avatar".

by Cindi_67 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

This is an email I received from my brother in law:

After discussing with our family and several friends about the popular movie “Avatar”, and the prevalence of "avatars" on the Internet, we thought that other friends might be interested in what we found in our family worship research, tell us what you think:

Merriam-Webster Dictionary - av·a·tar: the incarnation of a Hindu deity (as Vishnu)

Mankind’s Search for God p. 106 - avatar -a manifestation or an incarnation of a Hindu deity

Mankind’s Search for God p.116 - Buddha – Gautama, founder of Buddhism; Hindus view him as an incarnation (avatar) of Vishnu

Wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar : In Hinduism , Avatar or Avatara ( Devanagari ????? , Sanskrit for "descent" [in other words, from heaven to earth]) refers to a deliberate descent of a deity from heaven to earth.

Sound familiar?!?

“And the angels that did not keep their original position but forsook their own proper dwelling place he has reserved with eternal bonds under dense darkness for the judgment of the great day”. Jude 6

Similarities between the Hindu goddess Kali (left) and a character from the movie (right).

Another interesting point…the race of blue humanoids in the movie are called “Na’vi”. Upon researching, what we found on Wikipedia :

Navi - (Hebrew singular form, plural is Nevi'im) refers to a (or the) prophet in the Hebrew Bible .

This is very interesting information to know, especially since "Avatar" is one of the most popular movies in the world right now.

It’s good to keep well informed (2 Corinthians 2:11) that we may not be overreached by Satan, for we are not ignorant of his designs.

We thought this was very interesting. We put the word "avatar" & " Incarnation " into our spiritual google ( Watchtower Library) and it brings up a whole lot more interesting points from other publication.

Agape

For crying out loud how much more are these people going to try to ban? I have to clarify that this in not OFICIALLY coming from the Society, just from a group of 'SAINTS' trying to be perfect and afraid that Satan is lurking everywhere to take them out of 'JEHOVAH'S ORGANIZATION'. But I foresee that sooner or later the Society will come out with some article about this too. They will probably write Bethel about this and not too long after a Watchtower or Awake with the "warning".

I try to keep the peace, but I always end up knowing something I really did not want to know about.

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

We put the word "avatar" & " Incarnation " into our spiritual google ( Watchtower Library)

Now they call the Watchtower Library their "spiritual google". That was hilarious.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Plus, they are blue...the colour of SMURFS!

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

If they know how to use wikipedia - can't they look up the word generation?

• moshe
    moshe

It's too late everyone. Most of the JW's with kids saw the movie on Xmas day during Xmas break. My JW neighbor with 3 kids saw it and they said all their friends (JWs) have seen it too. The kids told me it was a great movie. These are probably the same 50% group of kids who will exit the KH by 18 years of age.

• awildflower
    awildflower

Wow! Well I wonder how much time they've spent looking up things like "Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "April", "January", "July", ? At least they were looking in other places besides the wt literature. We could literally break down every common word and find a history behind it. These people are so sad. I'm sure James Cameron and his crew did not make up a language to try to get JW's to finally come to the dark side! Makes me sick..........wf

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

And guess where pinatas came from...

And marriage parties...

...did it ever occur to them to look for recent definitions?

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I remember when the titanic movie came out and everyone saw it then during the co visit he gave a talk about how bad it was because of the breasts it was funny because lots of people felt quilty and no one talked about it again. We just thought that guys an idiot I think he gave a stars wars kibosh as well.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

But okay, so what? That email is full of implications and leading opinions but doesn't actually come out and state "so our family decided not to watch this film because we think that it implies hindu blue demons are prophets" - or whatever the author thinks they're implying.

It's a fine example of witness logic. No firm conclusions, no assertion that can be examined, but a hint that something is bad, and the devil is lurking.

• LucyA
    LucyA

When I was a child they banned “Casper the friendly ghost” because it was spirtistic. Nothing surprises me anymore!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit