To Danni: ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS

by You Know 78 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

YoYo, I've read the Proclaimers book thoroughly. Go to Randy Watters' website, http://www.freeminds.org and look for a critique of the book. I wrote it in 1993.

As for this researcher, if you call me on the phone I'll tell you all about it. But we can all see how you're playing games here, doing everything you can to avoid actually dealing with the truth. You invent reason after reason to avoid answering questions and to avoid seeing what you don't want to see. This proves that you're afraid, deep down, that you'll confirm what you already suspect -- that "The Truth" is not the truth.

AlanF

• Will Power
    Will Power

Yoyo
    so read the Proclaimers Book because that is where they say that they were chosen by Jehovah?

Good point, I'll get right on it.

• You Know
    You Know
    YOUKNOW, if we are to avoid blood for sustainment (not what the bible says friend)

Sure it does. The Jewish Law said not to eat blood. Food is a provision of God to sustain life. If you don't eat you die. Blood was however not to be eaten as a sustaining food because God declared it to be his special property, much like the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and bad in Eden. / You Know

• AlanF
    AlanF

Readers will note that You Know makes a classic logical mistake of the ignorant.

"Things that sustain life" is a wide category including food, water, air, warmth, and so forth.

"Food" is a much smaller category.

Equating "food" with "things that sustain life" is patently stupid, but it's the basis for the JW blood ban, as YK demonstrates.

AlanF

• Will Power
    Will Power

Maybe YoYo & YoKno are on the GB. Maybe they are testing some new light or are preparing for a new book?

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

Will Power: No that's not it. In the Proclaimers book it goes over the Witness history and how they were chosen by Jehovah in 1919.

AlanF:

I don't mean to argue with you. I would really like to speak with the brother, researcher in bethel, that told you what you allege. What is the difference between calling you and getting the name of the brother and you emailing me the information? Unfortunately I am at work at this time and I cannot make long distance calls without logging in the call as a business call. Email is just easier for me. Please provide the information and that way I can prove to myself that what you say it true.

• AlanF
    AlanF

YoYo, the researcher I have in mind does not want to talk to just anyone, especially active JWs who might give him a hard time and create problems. He has asked me not to give out contact information unless I'm very sure of who I'm talking to. That's why you need to call me first. I'm at work now and don't want to be called there, but you can call me at home most any evening. I'm on Mountain Standard Time, so keep that in mind if you decide to get in touch.

AlanF

• dubla
    dubla

yk-

Sure it does. The Jewish Law said not to eat blood. Food is a provision of God to sustain life. If you don't eat you die.
    is it your understanding that we are still under jewish law? just wondering, because the quote you answered was that the bible doesnt say WE are to avoid blood for sustainment......in other words, modern-day humans: we, us.

aa

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

AlanF:

Fair enough. I will email you later so you can send me your phone number. Thanks.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Do I have it right?
    is it GB or KGB?
    Why would I read a history book to look up a "legend" written by the same ones who wrote the history book?

I am over 10 yrs old.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit