To Danni: ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS

by You Know 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Yadirf
    Yadirf
    Go to bed then Friday. It's already 3:15.

Not in Texas, it was only 2:15 here. That gives me another hour, eh?

You don't want to fall asleep in the Dr's office do ya?
    Well, the way I see it is that a man has to fall asleep somewhere ... so it may as well be there as here. He won't charge any less for his services if I'm awake, will he? I think I will turn in though, 'cause Refiners-Fire-Butt ain't saying anything to keep me awake.

Yadirf

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Looks like I win then, dont it?

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

If you insist, I guess I'll let you think you did. (snicker snicker)

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

HAhaHAHAAA.
    Sucked you in you sucker.
    Your own precious little ego got you didnt it? Just had to respond didnt you?
    And after you had indicated the conversation was over. Oh man. What a Sap!
    What are you going to do now sap? Youre starting to look pretty stupid here.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

You Know

Also, we know from Bible names like Jehoash and Jehoram, and Jehosaphat, that the first two syllables in the YHWH were JE & HO. So, the argument that no one knows the correct vowels that should be inserted in the YHWH abbreviation is simply not true. We know that God’s name had 3 syllables, not 2 as in Yahweh.
    Thanks for calling this to my attention, You Know. It makes sense, but I don't remember having considered it before.

Yadirf

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

AlanF

We know that God’s name had 3 syllables, not 2 as in Yahweh. -- You Know
    How do "we know" that? -- AlanF
    Simple:
    Je-ho-ash = 3 syllables
    Je-ho-ram = 3 syllables
    Je-ho-sa-phat = 4 syllables
    Je-ho-vah = 3 syllables

Nuff said,
    Yadirf

• AlanF
    AlanF

Ah, Yadirfsky, you've finally managed to insert a bit of intelligence deep down in a post. Hence, I will reply.

:: Indeed, a careful exposition on all of the relevant scriptures shows that the real requirement is that anyone who kills an animal for food was required to pour out the blood as a sign of respect for the life-giver God.

: Good point, really. Yes, the reason for God's requirement that the blood be poured out on the ground is because *life* had been taken (ended), and so to do as God commanded showed that the life-taker had a proper respect for *life* and the Giver of life. But when blood is taken from a donor such person's *life* is not taken (ended).

Damn! Yadirf! You've understood! There's hope for you yet!

More seriously, given your comments, you have no choice but to acknowledge that the Society's ban on blood transfusions is not Scriptural.

: Even so, I doubt that I would ever submit to a blood transfusion; to me, it's not very appealing to think of someone else's blood circulating inside my body.

I agree with your emotional feelings here. But if I were faced with the prognosis of imminent death as opposed to a few risks associated with a transfusion, along with a high probability that I would die without it, I would opt for the transfusion.

This is essentially the same as the present situation among JWs, that the older ones often shun organ transplants, but the younger ones have no problem. But up until the early 1950s, the desired reaction among JWs would have been that the younger ones essentially collapse into a heep of do-nothingness along with mild suggestions that everupme keep up the fight.

If you're ever faced with the reality that you might die if you don't take a particular brand of tested medicine, then you know exactly what is being said here. And Christianity is purportedly the epitome of reasonableness.

AlanF

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Of course you have to assume that the English translations of those Hebrew names are accurate as well.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Re the blood thing, I can't help but feel that the OT prohibition on eating blood was mainly for symbolic reasons. If you have ever seen an animal feasting on it's kill with it's muzzle dripping with blood, you can see how repellent the actual drinking of blood would be to most civilised people. I wouldn't fancy a six-some round to dinner if they all tucked into bowls of hot blood as an appetiser. If a bit ran down your chin it would look pretty ghastly too. And the smell...YUK!

I guess only a barbarian would sit down to physically partake in a blood dinner, which is probably why the Jews were so anti blood consumption. Good manners too.

Of course there would always be some nutty religious dipsticks waiting to hijack some martyrdom points by extending the natural revulsion of eating blood into the quite un-natural prohibition of adapting its live saving qualities via blood transfusion. Eating blood has nothing to do with having a blood transfusion.

Englishman.

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

You Know said:

Q 6: Where does the rule not to talk with family members who left from the Jehovah's Witness come from?

: That’s not exactly the way it is. Disfellowshipping does not dissolve all family ties. For example, a disfellowshipped husband still talks with his wife and so forth.

AlanF answered:

Here is yet another example of misleading. DF'ing cannot dissolve a marriage and cannot dissolve blood relations. A mother and daughter remain that no matter what.
    Alanf: what is misleading? You are saying the same thing that YK said.

You Know said:

: Disfellowshipping though breaks a spiritual bond of brotherhood. The Bible lays down the principle that a little bit of yeast ferments a whole lot of dough. So the Bible says to remove corrupt individuals from our midst. Not physically of course; but, we withdraw friendship from those who don’t live by the rules God lays down for his household.
    AlanF answered:

Which in practice means that any DF'd person outside the immediate household must be shunned except for absolutely necessary family business.
    As I understand this thread, YK was answering questions to Danni. Why do you, ALanF, see it necessary to be the translator, or try to explain what YK explained. Do you think that we are idiots? Do you not think that we can weight what YK is saying, what you say, and others? Do you think you are smarter that all of us in this board, so that you have to "explain" to us?

As I show on the first "quote", you are so desperate to disagree with YK, that you say he is misleading, and then you say the exact same thing. What's up with that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit