New to this site....

by TanCatLuvr 31 Replies latest jw friends

• TanCatLuvr
    TanCatLuvr

I am so thrilled to find this forum. It is such a relief to know that all of us 'apostates' are normal people who had the nerve to question what has been crammed down our throats.

I am 4th generation ex-JW with family members at Bethel, doing missionary work, and pioneering. Even though I have been out for almost 20+ years, I still had guilt admitting to myself that this was a cult-like organization until just recently. My mother, brother and I have been so traumatized by the elders in our old congregation that we had no trouble turning our back on the organization.

I have to admit that I have forgotten most things, but reading posts on this board has dredged so many memories back up for me. I am still angry that my family shuns me. My grandfather was congregation overseer, all uncles were elders and aunts and cousins pioneered. I was never good enough and felt like I couldn't live up to their standards. My great grandmother was of the annointed. I know that me, mom and my brother were an embarrassment to the family. Mom was widowed when we were very young. My father and my mom's best friend were df'd for adultery with each other. Then my died killed himself. When that happened, it was like the congregation blamed my mother and they turned their backs on us.

I can't write anymore right now, I am finding this too hard to relive. I have squashed my disgust and anger and I feel it coming back up.

Thanks for listening...

• minimus
    minimus

It's great to see you here! This place may help you more than you might think!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome to JWN.

There are some great people here who can help get through the trauma of realising you have been living someone elses lie.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

It sounds like you have been through an awful lot. You will find support here

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome TCL!

I pray you receive some T.L.C. from the Lord :)

Blessings,

Stephen

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Welcome TanCat, you have landed in a safe harbour this is a great place to be with lots of freinds to help you to get over and forget the bad times. It's good to know you are among people who are on your side. Not like the Watchtower false friends.

Edmond

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum, TCL.

I am pleased your Mother and brother are out with you. Many of us are on our own.

Stick around and have some fun with the 'normal' people

Cheers

Chris

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

Welcome TanCat,

Take your time you have been through a lot.

You, your brother and your mum will always find a listening ear and supportive genuine friends at JWN.

• Casper
    Casper

Welcome...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit