GETTING SUCKED IN? Ask the right questions to get the right answers.

by Terry 145 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry
    When I was 20 and about to go to Federal Prison because of the stupid JW "neutrality" policy my mother--bless her heart--asked the F.B.I. agents who came over to the house to interrogate me if it were possible for HER to go to prison IN MY PLACE!!
    That was lovely--but--it embarassed the hell out me!
    But, that's not the point.

OH yes it is! Now can you understand the love of your Father God?

• Perry
    Perry

That is terrible BTW.

How long were you sentenced for? How long served?

• Terry
    Terry

Attention passengers of the Titanic!

This is your captain, Perry, speaking.

There are exaggerated rumors that this ship is sinking!

Nonsense!

99% of the Titanic's body is completely intact with only a few small holes punched by an iceberg just beneath the surface.

Anybody spreading hysterical nonsense about the integrity of the Titanic are just throwing up all over themselves!

I repeat: 99% of the ship's hull is intact.

Go back to the party!

That is all.

• Terry
    Terry

That is terrible BTW.

How long were you sentenced for? How long served?

I was sentenced to a Youth sentence of one to six years (they called it an "indefinite" sentence).

I served two years.

But, the point of my story was that allowing my Mother to serve in my place is hysterical nonsense and doesn't meet any requirements of the law.

Thanks for asking.

• Perry
    Perry
    the point of my story was that allowing my Mother to serve in my place is hysterical nonsense and doesn't meet any requirements of the law.

I understand your point. But if your mother was both parent and judge and could satisfy and work within the terms of the law.....well you know the rest of the story.

BTW, Your prison stint deeply angers me. A simple explanation of the relationship of the State in a Christians' life would have avoided that. There are SO MANY tragedies revealed on this board from the false biblical explanations of the WT. Prison, murder, rape, prostitution ....so much pain from one corporation.

• Terry
    Terry

I understand your point. But if your mother was both parent and judge and could satisfy and work within the terms of the law.....well you know the rest of the story.

You know why mother judges don't get to try their own relatives? It's illegal! You know why it is illegal? Sure you do: conflict of interests. Justice is no longer served.

BTW, Your prison stint deeply angers me. A simple explanation of the relationship of the State in a Christians' life would have avoided that. There are SO MANY tragedies revealed on this board from the false biblical explanations of the WT. Prison, murder, rape, prostitution ....so much pain from one corporation.

The law was correct. In the U.S.A. conscientious objectors are not required to serve in the armed forces. There is an ALTERNATE SERVICE requirement. The Congregation Overseer and his assistant took me in to the Kingdom Hall library and confidentially (they were practically whispering) informed me I could not accept alternate service. "It's a compromise" was their "explanation." Typical JW non-reasoning.

I was sentenced for refusing (not military service, but) Alternate service in Terrell State hospital. What a waste of two years in Federal Prison!

Blind "integrity" to an organization rather than a clear, logical value is unforgiveable on my part.

But, thanks Perry for your commiserations.

• startingover
    startingover

This really is a good thread, I'm glad it came back to life. Definitions seem to be the problem here. Has a christian out there somewhere ever thought about putting out a dictionary with christian meanings, because the meaning of words that I am used to apparently don't fit in that world.

• Terry
    Terry

This really is a good thread, I'm glad it came back to life. Definitions seem to be the problem here. Has a christian out there somewhere ever thought about putting out a dictionary with christian meanings, because the meaning of words that I am used to apparently don't fit in that world

Jehovah's Witnesses never argue IDEAS or FACTS. What the religion does is WORD TAMPERING.

You know how a virus breaks in to a cell and takes over control of the DNA? Watchtower propaganda is about taking over the

DEFINITIONS of your important vocabulary words and RE-ENGINEERING the definitions.

The only way I escaped from my decades of indoctrination was this:

1.I had to list (this took years!) each and every important concept word in my vocabulary and WRITE OUT THE DEFINITION.

2. I had to learn to identify when a word was being hijacked away from its core meaning and a weasel-definition inserted in its place.

3.I had to examine every argument for the hidden premise and jacked definitions.

4.I had to refuse to argue with anybody whose premise I had to accept without question.

Perry is a good example. He doesn't argue ideas. He repeats mantras. He doesn't consider replies to his questions. Perry doesn't really read responses! He uses words, terms, doctrines without ever being once willing to examine the premise behind them.

Religion hijacks words like a terrorist takes over an airplane. Once they control the cockpit they can destroy huge ideas by hurling into them.

There is no finesse in the argument of a non-thinking bully.

There is no honesty in reverse-engineering the definitions of words.

Evangelicals and JW's all drink from the same poisoned well of weasel words and intellectual dishonesty in debate.

• Perry
    Perry

Terry,

You make at least three logical mistakes in your reasoning:

First, you assume there is a supreme being for purposes of disparaging him. However, your critical logic falls apart. If you agree that there is a Supreme Being, how can you then go on to judge him by a lower court? I mean our own supreme court overturns lower courts all the time. So, if THE supreme court says that "Substitution" is legal ....to what higher authority could you possible appeal to? You are caught is a circle of illogic. God is God or He doesn't exist. You can't have it both ways.

Secondly, your appeals to the convolutedness of the bible was successfully refuted. I have devoted an entire website to this very subject. www.wordfamine.com Your illustration of a ship with 99% intactness is irrelevant. Once the 1% Alexandrian texts are removed from the equation, there is virtually 100% agreement. There is way more that enough to get the whole picture, even if only the original autographs were insired...which I believe.

Thirdly, and perhaps most faulty is your habit of mixing your worldviews. You appear to examine the internal logic of the bible, but then you reject the bible's definition of death. Here you overlay the Watchtower definition of death on top of the Biblical definition of Justice and simply claim by virtue of your own authority that's just the way it is.

Several posters right here on JWD communicate with spirits through occult means. Your definition of death doesn't really hardly match anyone's except the WT and atheists.

I say you are still thinking like a Witness. You have first hand experience of the great pain involved when lies are promoted when you were sent to prison based on one. We have all suffered from the WT lies.

In my view, the "convoluted bible" view that you promote is demonstratably false and just as harmful. Please stop claiming this unless you want to debate that specifically.

If you don't want to personally accept the internal logic of the bible, that of course is your sovereign right. And, I respect that totally.

• Terry
    Terry

Perry visits this wisdom upon us:

Terry,

You make at least three logical mistakes in your reasoning:

First, you assume there is a supreme being for purposes of disparaging him

Perry, we've been over this before. I don't have to hold any particular view of a Supreme Being to challenge yours. My point is not the disparagement of an entity I don't believe in. That wouldn't be logical. Disparagement of Santa is pointless. Challenging belief in Santa's believers might be more to the point.

Secondly, your appeals to the convolutedness of the bible was successfully refuted. I have devoted an entire website to this very subject. www.wordfamine.com Your illustration of a ship with 99% intactness is irrelevant. Once the 1% Alexandrian texts are removed from the equation, there is virtually 100% agreement. There is way more that enough to get the whole picture, even if only the original autographs were insired...which I believe.

Perry, we have the specifics of this debate going on another thread which you seem to have abandoned when I got really specific about the bible and the manuscripts! Go back to THE JEHOVAH GAME thread and let's continue THAT discussion.

Thirdly, and perhaps most faulty is your habit of mixing your worldviews. You appear to examine the internal logic of the bible, but then you reject the bible's definition of death. Here you overlay the Watchtower definition of death on top of the Biblical definition of Justice and simply claim by virtue of your own authority that's just the way it is.

Perry, it doesn't matter what I accept or reject since YOUR ACCEPTANCE is what we are discussing. So, get over it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit