Has anyone seen the 4/15/2010 Watchtower with their own eyes?

by HappyGuy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Get your JWs to commit themselves to the current understanding before they see the noo lite

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

a billion Catholics think the Pope is infallible and contraception is wrong

I think you will find a lot of them don't believe that lol

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

"quite a lot hinges on a key word "evidently""

Note To Faithful And Discreet Slave: Please provide said "evidence" to rebuff apostates.

Agonus, the evidence is in the paragraph below

How, then, are we to
    understand Jesus’ words about “this generation”?
    He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed
    who were on hand when the sign began to become
    evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other
    anointed ones who would see the start of the great
    tribulation

In other words the FDS are saying 'we are an apocalyptic cult, this is how we identified ourselves when we began in 1874-1914, and as we are still functioning as such, it has to be true that anointed ones will be generating overlaps within one generation to infinity ... this will get the apocalyptic message preached forever

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

evidently, as long as one uses the word 'evidently' one has the evidence to prove a load of BS is the real gospel.

evidently

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Has anyone seen the 4/15/2010 Watchtower with their own eyes?

No & if I do, only 1 of my 3 eyes will see it in the form of toilet paper. It's all the BS is good for.

• the real life
    the real life

Well they needed to buy themselves another hundred years, I guess. Yikes

• Perry
    Perry

I've been waiting for someting like this to come down the pike. It is long overdue. Let's review and connect the dots shall we?

The result of the explanation given in the Nov. 1, 1995 WT (which btw prompted my exodus) was that the looooong proclaimed wt. GENERATIONOF 1914 doctrine was disconnected from Christ's visible invisible return (actually prediction failure) of 1914. Here's the unscrewing:

“this generation” apparently refers to the peoples of earth who see the sign of Christ’s presence but fail to mend their ways.

{generation connected to disobedience rather than 1914}

"This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14) No human can say when that end will be, but we know that the end of "this generation" of wicked people will come once the witness has been given to God’s satisfaction "to the most distant part of the earth."—Acts 1:8.

What this means is that the Watchtower is teaching that the JW global offer to the world's people to reject the New Covenant (their Good News) is the sign to look for when determining exactly when that generation is.

However, that still left the life-spans of the annointed to deal with; as well as the "replacement" theory of the ever-increasing partakers at the Memorial. So, this over-lapping generation doctring is trotted out for public consumption and presto..... no more replacement theory and no more old annointed problem.

The length they'll go to, to shore up a lie is amazing. The average JW will leave that WT study saying " I don't understand it". The elders with be quipping, "you don't have to understand it...we do."

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It seems to me, that the use of the word "primary" channel would indicate secondary or tertiary channels as well. If that seems to ring true for anyone else, what would these channels be, and has the WTS ever recognized them as such??

Don't get your hopes up. The secondary channel is through non-anointed elders at meetings and assemblies (whom they so lovingly told us last year outrank even the anointed).

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

*sticky note*

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yes I have these.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit