Hurray for you. Go Girl!

G.E.D. stands for get 'er done.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Congrats.

A lot more rewarding than passing the written review

• xmkx
    xmkx

Great job! I'm glad to hear you're planning on continuing your education on to college. I've found that my high school education was really just setting the foundation for college. High school education teaches you the facts but college teaches you why they are facts and how to think critically about the information that is presented to you in the future (of course along with teaching you a trade). I hated high school but I absolutely love college. :)

• badseed
    badseed

Congratulations!! I remember you had a thread about that a while back. Glad you went for it and passed.

• noni1974
    noni1974

Yes Lady Lee. I actually will receive a GED diploma in the mail in a few weeks. No one can ever take this away. No one can say it doesn't count.

My grandfather got his at 70 years old. He did it after he retired for no other reason than the self satisfaction of doing it. I thought if he can do it at 70, then I can do it at 35. I will use mine to go to college as soon as I can. BTW my grandfather never made it past the 6th grade in school but went on to take enginering classes later in life. That was before a GED was required to get into college in like the 1950's.

• PEC
    PEC

Congtraulations, I took some Jr. college classes for work, before I got my GED. Philip

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Congrats! I was worried that a four year school wouldn't accept me, because I ha a GED, but no one batted an eye I obtaind a BA and graduated with honors. You'll do well.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Congratulations, Noni!

Keep going, girl!

Sylvia

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

congratulations noni.

My grandad was also taking classes into old age.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Woot Woot WOOT!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit