Chalam

by yadda yadda 2 66 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Do you ever post without quoting the Bible? Why do you feel a compulsive need to quote scriptures in all your posts?

Were you once a bible-thumping JW or are you just a born-again bible thumper who never was a JW and just happens to dislike JWs?

yadda

• wobble
    wobble

I must say that I appreciate Stephen's scriptural quotes, always apposite, and saves me looking them up, I like the way too, that he does not comment on the scripture much, just lets it speak for itself.

If you do not believe in the Bible to the same extent as Stephen, or perhaps not at all, it is still good to see his point of view.

Keep it up Chalam !

Love

Wobble

p.s You may find too YY2, that Chalam is moved by Holy Spirit, I was praying for guidance once, and within no time Chalam gave me the perfect answer !

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

I am with wobble on this - I enjoy Chalam's scriptural comments.

Chalam - don't you stop.........

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi yadda,

Do you ever post without quoting the Bible?

There are a few ;) I spoke about my life experience and pretty much refrained from using the bible. I need to find that thread.

Why do you feel a compulsive need to quote scriptures in all your posts?

I have found this to be true Hebrews 4:12

The bible is not a book like any other. It speaks to you in a unique way, things come off the page and God talk about specific personal situations.

That is the work of the Holy Spirit 1 Thessalonians 1:5 Sure, God speaks on a general level too, to all mankind but more often than not He is talking to us as individuals. The Holy Spirit is like a personal tutor, helper, teacher, encourager etc. He treats us all fairly but individually, in a similar way I try to deal with my kids.

It can be read on an academic, intellectual level but to be honest it won't make any sense 1 Corinthians 2:14

My JW friend said recently he has trouble understanding it. That is primarily because he is not being taught by the Holy Spirit 1 John 2:27 John 14:26

Also the WT teaching ultimately doesn't make any sense. Of course, they contradict the very bible they claim to teach.

To get to the real message you need hear from the Spirit of Jesus Revelation 22:17

Were you once a bible-thumping JW or are you just a born-again bible thumper who never was a JW and just happens to dislike JWs?

Never been a JW, just friends with several. I love them all, JWs, exJWs (and never been JWs) but I hate the false WT teachings and the destruction it brings. Hopefully quoting the bible shows the falseness of the WT claims.

That said, I understand how any talk of the bible, God and such can be a turn off, especially for exJWs. I got a real sense of that recently when reading the posts on the Watchtower FaceBook group, to see the JW culture freely interact.

Personally, I was brought up in home of born again Christians but I tried my own way for 20 years. I have had more LIFE in the last few years with faith in Jesus than I had in 20 years without. Sure, "sex, drugs and rock and roll" is fun for a while but ultimately leaves one empty . I will try and find the thread with my story if you are interested?

Blessings,

Stephen

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I'm with the other posters that enjoy Chalam's comments.

BTS

• snowbird
    snowbird

Count me among those who love Chalam's posts, Scripture quoting and all.

I applaud his courage.

Sylvia

• Chalam
    Chalam

Many thanks

Galatians 6:14-15 (New International Version)

14 May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 15 Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is a new creation.

2 Corinthians 10:17 (New International Version)

17 But, "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."

Footnotes:
    1. 2 Corinthians 10:17 Jer. 9:24

Jesus is Lord! Romans 10:9 1 Corinthians 12:3

Blessings,

Stephen

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I like how Stephen quotes the bible, nothing at all wrong with that.

Stephen believes that the bible scriptures have the answers we are looking for so it makes perfect sense to quote those bible scriptures.

Even though we don't share the same views on ALL things, I have yet to see one of his quotes scripture NOT be applicable to the discusion at hand or in conflict to a point he is trying to make.

Keep up the good work my brother.

• snowbird
    snowbird

He helped me see the deviousness of the WT when "translating" this Scripture.

1 Corinthians 12:3 (New International Version)

Therefore I tell you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

According to their rule of translating kyrios as Jehovah when it applied to divinity, "Jesus is Lord" (kyrios) should read Jesus is Jehovah!

That opened my eyes even further.

Sylvia

• asilentone
    asilentone

I am not religious at all, but I enjoy Chalam's posts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit