Were You Afraid To Talk Out Loud For Fear The Demons Might Hear You?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I know of many Witnesses that were petrified that if they spoke about something out loud, the demons might hear them and know their weaknesses!

I swear JWs think the demons are more powerful the Jehovah, Jesus and the angels!

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

I think this may be due to the fact that the witnesses practice a sort of dualism - satan is so powerful in their heads, almost a demigod.

very strange

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I used to be. Now I am kind of in a state of uncertainty. Not that there are deemunz that hear me talk, but over whether there are paranormal beings at all. I've never seen anything personally but people I know, love, and trust claim to have had demon experiences. I don't know what caused the experiences to happen but I know these people aren't lying.

• minimus
    minimus

Jehovah's Witness say call on the name of Jehovah when under demon attack. They believe this incantation can free them of the demons.

I know many Witnesses than would rather pray to God silently so that Satan and his demons could not hear them. That's pathetic.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I was terrified as a child . . . more

• minimus
    minimus

Nic , are you ok now?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Yes.

How silly of me.

The mental freedom of leaving WT is profound. My thoughts are MY OWN.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Yeah I did I believed though that Jehovah was protecting me sence I was doing good and after I prayed for forgiveness when I did or said bad things.

I was called to attention by the Demons (the elders told me) when I acted on my sinful thoughts and that the demons were attacking me. So when I was disfellowshipped (the first time) I thought I was exposed to the demons the whole experiance and that nothing mattered what I did that still I was under demon rule, so I spoke freely and act out my true feelings. In reality it wasn't that complicating and when I found out I posessed the power of self control and respect, I grew up from all that and changed for the better.

• Mary
    Mary

Oh god yes.......I was afraid to let Satan know that I was terrified of snakes, lest he make me encounter one. Which he did. On several occassions. I mean, what are the chances that there would be any snakes in the tall grass that I had to walk through to get to the garden where I would (inevitably) encounter another snake when I was picking berries? Yep. That sonofabitch Satan put em all there. And it was because I prayed out loud to Jehover not to put any snakes in my path. I just knew it.

I also remember my dad saying to me right after my sister died "If you ever hear your sisters' voice or see her, pray out loud to Jehovah, because it's not really her---it's a demon!" (I was 7 years old at the time).

Gee, I wonder why I'm so screwed up today?

• minimus
    minimus

wow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit