Were You Afraid To Talk Out Loud For Fear The Demons Might Hear You?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Absolutely fine Min', thanks for asking.

• minimus
    minimus

Such trauma can affect you for a long time.

• doublelife
    doublelife

Yes. I never wanted to tell anyone that I was scared of being raped or drowned during the great tribulation. I didn't want the demons to use that fear to their advantage. I was probably around nine or ten when that fear began.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Were You Afraid To Talk Out Loud For Fear The Demons Might Hear You

How is it that demons can have ears but no vocal chords?

Farkel

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I was afraid to read my horoscope because I was told if I did the demons would start bothering. I read it once as a little girl and was scared to death all that night that the demons were going to materialize in my bedroom.

• nugget
    nugget

Yes I never admitted to deep fears because if Satan knew what they were he might use them against me. I didn't want to give him an unfair advantage. Sounds silly now but at the time it was a concern.

• Mary
    Mary
    Farkel said: How is it that demons can have ears but no vocal chords?

Shut up Farkel!! You want Satan to hear you??

• minimus
    minimus

it's too late.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Yea, I was scared as a kid.

Sad that they promote this whack thinking and resultant mental issues. Crazy s***

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I remember thinking that I should be afraid, but I don't remember ever actually being afraid - they never seemed real to me.

I do remember being in service with a friend of mine and we used to speculate if the angels watching over us found our jokes funny, then fly up to tell other angels the joke. And that's about as real as it got for me...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit