JWS is a fraud...

by vilot 41 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

Religion is a Snare and a Racket even when you've left it .

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

funny how things turn out. I'm betting at least a dozan hang on and deny any allegations

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I've never donated or been ask to donate to that site. They started it because simon said he would be shutting this board down. I just went over and it seemed ok.

Since simon re-invented JWD to JWN I stay here cause I'm more comfortable navigating topics thru the active topics button.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I might have joined, but can't recall the site.

Best to avoid donations unless one is sure how they will be used. I worry only that some Jw's, seeking to find out 'the truth about the truth', might be inclined to think that all 'apostate' sites are just seeking money. That could leave an early doubter to avoid other sites too associated with xjws. Just a thought.

Jeff

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

April and her husband have invested a lot of time and effort into that site.

What you have to realise is that when it was set up, this site was closing down, or should i say JWD the predecessor to JWN was. At the time people here didn't know where to go, there were a couple of ex jw sites out there but not one particular site that everyone went to. When April set it up, she set it up with Simon's blessing. I believe he helped her with technical difficulties, etc. Many people from here went over there, it was only when Simon decided to reinvent JWD as JWN that people decided to stay here.

April should be commended for what she has done there, she has worked hard, she also does this around looking after a house and a number of children. if you say she is doing it as a fraud then you obviously weren't around at the beginning, when it was set up, otherwise you would know the reasons she set it up and why she did it.

If you don't want to donate then don't. The site does cost money to run, it's not free to set up any site, especially as it grew very fast in such a short time. In fact when Simon originally set this site up i'm sure he will tell you that he was out of pocket. There was and probably still is a paypal tab here to donate. April may well ask for donations to keep the site running, in fact there have been times in the early stages when it has closed down for a few days because of finances. I don't believe she is making a profit from it, because i have seen the reasons as to why she set the site up, however if she does make soemthing from it, then i'm pretty sure that it comes well below the minimum wage fro all the hours she has put into the site.

Paul

• blondie
    blondie

vliot, do you have any links to support your statements? I post over there and haven't seen requests for money. Only an explanation when it went down because the bill had been unpaid.

http://www.jwsupportforum.com/index.php

Without concrete proof, I find this thread disturbing and certainly would not like similar things said about Ronnie's site, JWR, or JWN.

Blondie

• freddo
    freddo

I posted there when I heard JWD was going down - I still do occasionally and I've never been asked for money either ... in fact I just logged on to check and all seems ok.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

April and Wes stood up the site to be a friendly community for folks who need assistance. This site has many more members and really a very deep pool of resources, but due to the smaller size of JWS, it seems that there are really some strong and wonderful relationships there.

• vilot
    vilot

Hundreds and hundreds of dollars ($200 myself in the last year) have been donated to that site to keep it up. Check out the "treasury" tab. They will post a message on the index page saying they need donations to keep the site up. They have done it a number of times even thought enough money has been donated to keep the site up for years.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Wow, I didn't think any site cost that much to run. Especially with all theads they run.

When Tim Campbell (Beyond JW) had a site it probably didn't cost that much for a whole year lol. Course that was quite a while back. I remember he posted for us to stop contributing because he had gotten more than enough to pay the amount due. I think he even wanted to return the last few contributions.. He posted the contributers and the amount. You could be anonymous if you wanted.

I'm not even sure how sites work anyway. Nor am I acquainted with the cost of running them.

Anyone want to fill us in?

Snoozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit