Any Ideas on the Next "Big Thing" that Will Bring the Watchtower Down?

by jamiebowers 41 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

I met Richard about twenty years ago when we were in the middle of our exit. I think he is a great guy and has some good ideas. The positive: he's like a pit bull that won't let go because he is determined to bring down the WTBS. The negative: he's like a pit bull that won't let go because he is determined to bring down the WTBS.

From what I know he did some terrific work sending a pedophile to jail in Eastern Washington a few years ago. But I don't think he can uncover anything that will "bring down the Watchtower." I was being a good witness when Ray was DF'd. It was the talk of the hall for about two days, then we all got back to speculating if the big A was going to be next month or the month after that.

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

I think all they have to do is make there fianicial records PUBLIC..and right there will be all the proof the need. BTW do they still do accounts reports I haven't heard one since the thrusday night meeting changed and everyone I asked said "oh they do I did'nt hear any either but I missed a meeting." soo either there doing them when no one is in the Hells or they stopped doing it. I know it is no longer and appointed "slot" in the KM anymore. Not since the new "arrangment" started.

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

Where is the link to the site anyway? I got to check this out.

• yknot
    yknot

I don't personally think there is a next 'big thing'...........just the slow crumbling that happens over time as interpretations become as comical as the Mormons should the GB insist on bringing up the dates.

Government bans will just cause a cry of persecution, which is good for WTS business.

Government taxation will cause the WTS will to restructure, which ultimately is good for bu$ine$$.

I doubt another Ray will happen because I don't think the WTS legal department is that stupid...... non-disclosure agreements

So what is really left?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I doubt the witlesses are going to fall out because of "a generation" meaning two generations strung end to end like Christmas light sets. They are programmed so that, if the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger teaches an errant teaching, even if you can prove it wrong using their own Bible, you are supposed to follow and teach the bad teaching until they themselves change it. Telling us that "a generation" is two different generations strung end to end is a blatant lie, yet the witlesses are still supposed to teach it until the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger changes it. This even though the scripture, even taken out of context, point blank spells out "This generation", not "these two generations strung end to end".

What it will do is prevent anyone with half a brain cell from going into the cancer. It is supposed to be the truth. They are supposed to be following the Bible. The Bible says "By no means will this generation pass away before all these things occur". Who is going to fall for that line of crap?

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

I have seen as many "take down the WT" promises as the WT's prediction of the big A. While meaning well, and hoping for the best, these guys are the ones who give us apostates a bad name. Well, them and the WT.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Does anyone know how long it takes for this conference call to be put up on the six screens website? I had to leave it early last night...

Dudeson, it should be posted this Tuesday or Wednesday.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=170408606641

Greenhornet, this is the group's page, but the message was a private one sent to members. Sorry, I already deleted it.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

the new light of the generation it is just another fact for dismleting WT. They will have a slow death....

• designs
    designs

People get addicted to a Religion, it becomes their world. As long as you see people shuffling on their knees fingering their Rosary or attending some Holy Roller Fundamentalist Church you are going to see the Society keep chugging along. Some people just like it that way.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I hope it's something to do with their 'charity' status - as (in my opinion) they make a mockery of the word 'charity'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit