Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 1-17-10 WT Study (PLACE IN CONGREGATION)

by blondie 41 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, Serenity, you have made my day. I sometimes wonder what effect what I write has on my readers. My 40 years in starting from my date of baptism, is still good for something. I had a similar light dawn on me, but it took me several years to make a complete break.

Love, Blondie

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Blondie,

Your comments each week have really taught me to have critical thinking abilities. I watch for and read your comments every week.

xxoox

palm

• ziddina
    ziddina

I haven't read the whole thread, yet, but...

Interesting that an article emphasizing "Know your place and stay in it" comes out shortly after this rumor about using sisters in Spanish congregations in some traditionally 'male' positions...

Looking forward to reading the whole thread... Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

"Over the years, for example, we have received pointed direction on dress and grooming, entertainment, and improper use of the Internet. Do we carefully heed this good counsel so that we are spiritually protected?..."

Oh, Crap!!!! Flashback time.... Same mind-control, different decade - err, maybe make that generation??? Wait, wait, ALL generations are now "one" generation... Yeah, that's the ticket!

Sheeesh. I remember that mealy-mouthed "we're guarding YOUR spirituality!" mentality in the '60's - '70's... ESPECIALLY in the "hippie" '60's... They're still beating that same, tired old drum. Zid

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Sorry to break topic but the ad showing up on this page right now is for CougarLife.com which is apparently a website for hot middle-aged women on the prowl to meet younger men for flings and/or relationships. I LOL'd at work and almost got in trouble!

Sometimes the ads on this site are priceless.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Rats. All I'm getting are Nordstrom's ads...

I really enjoyed these scriptures that Blondie quoted:

(1 John 4:1) . . .Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world.

(Acts 17:10-11) . . .Immediately by night the brothers sent both Paul and Silas out to Beroea, and these, upon arriving, went into the synagogue of the Jews. 11 Now the latter were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily as to whether these things were so.

(Galatians 1:8-9) . . .However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to YOU as good news something beyond what we declared to YOU as good news, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said above, I also now say again, Whoever it is that is declaring to YOU as good news something beyond what YOU accepted, let him be accursed.

I'm going to mark them in my bible - bibles - not NWT, but might work anyway, and use them when/if any JWs ever dare to come to my door again... So more than just the Bereans double-checked everything the apostles said, eh? GRRRRRRrrreat! AND - what the heck makes the average JW think that the Gov.Bod shouldn't be subjected to the same scrutiny?? If it was good enough for the APOSTLES - who does the Gov.Bod think THEY are - don't bother answering, we know... - to be ABOVE the apostles and therefore not accountable for the accuracy of their words???!!??

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

[From paragraph 13...] "One of the most notable ways by which sisters can show their gratitude for their place in the congregation..."

Now, that is just plain SICK!!! Wonder how many sisters had that "burning, acid-reflux" taste in their mouths upon hearing THAT!! "Be grateful for being held back and held down, be grateful for being devalued....! Yiiieeeaaassshh...

• ziddina
    ziddina

[Blondie's comments under paragraph 14...] " The old CO was on his way and the new one arrived with his wife in tow: completed with darkly dyed hair, heavy makeup, lipstick that glowed, and dark nail polish, with 3 inch heels and a skirt that just grazed the middle of her knee...."

Goooood Grief... What, did he marry a teenager????

• ziddina
    ziddina

Y'know, all of this has me curious enough to almost - ALMOST - go back in just to check out the new, greater levels of control...

And sit in the back (for we disfellowshipped, dis-associated, inactive, on-public-reproof, baddies.. ) and snicker quietly...

But, now that I've seen Mickey Mouse's post:

"I already posted this in a separate thread but I think it bears repeating here. Paragraph 5 in the first person:

"The spirit that now operates in the sons of disobedience" is so widespread that it is like the air we breathe. (Eph 2:2) That spirit can cause us you to think that we you do not need guidance from Jehovah's organization us. Surely weyou do not want to be like Diotrophes, who "would not receive anything from the apostle John with respect." (3 John 9,10). We You need to guard against developing a spirit of independence. By word or by action, may we you never challenge the channel of communication that Jehovah is using today us. (Num 16:1-3). On the contrary, we you should cherish our your privilege to cooperate with the slave class us. And should we you not strive to be obedient and submissive to those taking lead in our your local congregation? - Read Heb 13:7,17.

I know just EXACTLY how to mark [up] my Watchtower magazine!!! Zid

• blondie
    blondie

No, zid, she was 55.

Goooood Grief... What, did he marry a teenager????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit