Misery…could I please borrow you screen name for a while? ;)
Here is my comment for prrg. 5
5. Surely we do not want to be like Diotrephes, who would not 'receive anything from the apostle John with respect.' (3 John 9, 10).
- Who was this Diotrephes? One thing we know is that he was not an apostle. He was probably an elder who was obsessed with having authority over his fellow brothers. A man who demanded obedience and submission. A “no body” who probably achieved his position by manipulation and intimidation. A man who was not being faithful to the teaching from the REAL apostles.
- “who loves to be first”. AKA the boss, the one with the last saying, his opinions most be obeyed, do as he says or else you’ll be…
- put “out of the church” or dis-fellowshiped.
Hummm…if you think about it? Who is displaying a “Diotrephian” attitude today? Who “loves to be first”? Who puts people out of KH if they don’t do as he says? Who is having a complete disregards towards the teaching of the apostles and the bible? Any guess?
5. cont… By word or action, may we never challenge the channel of communication that Jehovah is using today. (Num. 16: 1-3)
This is the account about the Korah’s incident. The intent is to equate the FDS/GB to Moses. But….
· Who did Moses foreshadowed?
In this, Moses prophetically foreshadowed Jesus Christ, the great Mediator for anointed Christians, as they approach heavenly Mount Zion.—Heb 12:22-24.
10.As mediator of the Law covenant, Moses foreshadowed Jesus, the Mediator of the new covenant.
4 Moses foreshadowed God’s great Prophet, Jesus Christ…..To this day, however, unbelieving people blinded by the Devil and his Babylonish religion imitate those Jews of old and refuse to see, or discern, the glory of the Greater Moses, Jesus Christ.
So, by applying this passage to themselves, is the GB then implying (once again) that they are the “other sheep” mediator?
Num 16:3 (NIV) 3 They came as a group to oppose Moses and Aaron and said to them, "You have gone too far! The whole community is holy, every one of them, and the LORD is with them. Why then do you set yourselves above the LORD's assembly?"
By their “words” and “actions” … Who is challenging the authority that only belongs to the Lord and Savior Jesus? Who is placing themselves in a position equal or superior to that Jah’s anointed Son…Jesus Christ?