Avoiding the snare of masturbation

by rebel8 49 Replies latest jw friends

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Anyways it is getting off the topic of the thread.

Its the connection to masturbation and homosexuality that I found to be quite ridiculous, as it was written in the article.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

thetrueone

I don't necessarily think you are a bigot. To say that gay sexual orientation is a disorder is a hurtful view. It hurts the larger gay and lesbian community. Just because it is different doesn't make it a disorder. The use of the word "physiological" disorder is to ignore the many kinds of sexual behavior that heterosexual couples engage in that could hardly be called "physiologically correct".

Those are your views, I just wanted to share mine. I personally would be careful about labelling any conduct a "disorder". There are many kinds of behavior that are mentally unstable, but being gay isn't one of them.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Jeff, I'm just thinking out loud here, but maybe when the world was young, and survival of the species was more of a concern, homosexuality was considered counterproductive, or a "disorder". Personally, I think as we overcrowd the earth, homosexuality will be more common. One of natures ways of limiting us. It certainly is becoming more "acceptable" every day. That's a good thing, for so many reasons. Anyway, excuse me if my musings are foolish.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Back to the topic ,

Jeff how do you perceive masturbation and homosexuality , do you see the connection as the JWS do ?

Do you have something counter to what I said, about the silly illogical understanding of masturbation by the JWS.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I perceive masturbation as normal and healthy. Problems only occur when this natural activity is given a taint thanks to various religions. (certainly JW's aren't the only ones who believe masturbation unhealthy)

Homosexuality is also something that I consider normal. Sexual attraction is not regulated by physiological factors alone. My main concern here is personal automomy. If two consenting same sex adults wish to have a sexual relationship with each other, then they should be allowed without having the stigma of having it be considered a disorder in any context.

I couldn't disagree more with JW's, and the larger Christian community in general regarding homosexuality.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

We're on the same page there somewhere Jeff

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Sounds good. I didn't perceive you as a bigot or I might have been more aggresive in my response. I appreciate your frankness.

I would ask you, please, to reconsider your stance on homosexuallity being a disorder. Whether you realize it or not, it is hurtful and not progressive.

Having said that, rebel8's thread is about the absurdity of the JW position, something we all agree on.

I am now going to masticate some food.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    I am now going to masticate some food.

It will help with the build up of saliva, Jeff. ;) Just make certain it doesn't lead to you coveting your teeth.

Jackie

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

SixofNine asked, "wait.... you're supposed to use a snare?"

That would be for autoerotic asphixiation. Don't try this at home, kids!

Many find it helpful to look at photos of nude chicks avoiding the snare of masturbation. It *ahem* firms their resolve, and if they fail, they don't feel so alone.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Nude chicks?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit