Avoiding the snare of masturbation

by rebel8 49 Replies latest jw friends

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Another laughable part of this article . .... avoid reading food related literature ( Come to think of it I always got aroused reading how to cook a pot roast )

.... actually working hard in a physical way increases testosterone levels in males which increases their libido ( hard on time )

.... a teen or a grown adult does not want to sleep in the same room with their parents and visa versa

..... sleeping on your side is not going to halt erotic thoughts or halt an unavoidable erection, particularly with males.

Many things are suggested. Avoid keeping company either with food related literature or with those who have loose morals. Stay busy working hard, physically and mentally. Do not let problems build up tensions, which cause anxieties that depress the mind. This is not too difficult if one follows the Bible's counsel at Matthew 6:25, 33 and at Philippians 4:8. Never be a "loner," seeking to isolate yourself. So, at nighttime arrange to share a bedroom with other members of the family. Sleep on the side, not on the back or stomach. These are a few suggestions for arranging the daily routine.

Once again people should not take advise from stupid men with the power of god in their hands.

They still think its masturbation that causes men to become homosexual, where it is actually a genetic disorder.

I guess you cant help being stupid and uninformed when you read and emulate the social mindset of a culture that lived thousands of years ago,

your bound to become complacently ignorant in one way or another.

• cry
    cry

Sooo funny. From that article 99% of the population should be homosexual. Even my Catholic upbringing is nothing compared to this. I remember when going through my baptism questions the elder was talking about the man being the head of the home etc. He started talking about women who were trying to be head and then asked me why this would be such a bad thing. I thought for some time about this (my rational mind thought, so what, each household is different, some men take the helm, in others it is the woman) I struggled to find an answer was um and eh all over the place when finally the elder said that if the woman was the head of the household the children would end up being homosexual. I stifled a laugh, no......he couldn't mean this? I agreed, just so that he would get out of my house and leave me alone.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

thetrueone said

Once again people should not take advise from stupid men with the power of god in their hands.

They still think its masturbation that causes men to become homosexual, where it is actually a genetic disorder.

I guess you cant help being stupid and uninformed when you read and emulate the social mindset of a culture that lived thousands of years ago,

your bound to become complacently ignorant in one way or another.

Thetrueone, given my tendency to being overly literal, I don't want to mistake what you said here about homosexuality being a mental disorder. It seems like you are contrasting your view of homosexuality being a mental disorder to the JW view that it is caused by masturbation.

I would allow that you are being satrical here. I hope so...

...because if you really do believe that homosexuality is a mental disorder, I would find that extremely offensive. It simply isn't true.

• cofty
    cofty

Eh? There is almost certainly a strong genetic component and factors related to embryonic development but its hardly a "disorder"

• cofty
    cofty

ATJ got in first

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

because if you really do believe that homosexuality is a mental disorder, I would find that extremely offensive. It simply isn't true.

No Jeff, what I was implying is that homosexuality is more of a biological genetic disorder rather than pure psychological in nature.

What I was trying to get across is that the WTS. has always stated that homosexuality was only a simple problematic sin that some men ventured into

out defiance of the laws of sex, constructed by the the ancient Hebrews.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

but its hardly a "disorder"

When you take a close look and observation of a mature male who displays female characteristics in

both physical features and behavior and that particular male is only sexual attracted to other males.

This is not a disorder ?

I think it is , speaking physiologically.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

thetrueone

I don't want to hijack rebel8's thread, but I can't let this go by. The gay and lesbian community has been battling the stigma that their sexual orientation is somehow a disorder of somekind forever it seems. This kind of ignorance has allowed various kinds of bigots to engage in hate crimes up to their death, to say nothing of bullying and hateful speech that no one should have to put up with.

I realize that it is your right to believe this. Many Christians do. So I can't say I am surprised. But you are wrong, and what you say is ignorant and prejudicial.

Lastly, I really don't want to hijack this thread, so I consider myself as having had my say. If you want to discuss it on another thread, that is fine with me. I am not calling you out for a debate unless you would like to discuss this further elsewhere. I realize that people like you are everywhere. I hope that you will stay open minded in the future, because what you currently believe regarding gays and lesbians is not true and hurtful.

• cofty
    cofty

Do you only view effeminate men as having a disorder or what about gay men who do not show such traits?

In your opinion is it a disorder that can be cured? - my apologies if I am getting this thread off topic rebel8

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Jeff I'm a open minded liberal atheist, my acquired viewpoint does come from being prejudicial in any way , well at least

I hope its not, its certainly not my intension.

My viewpoint and understanding isn't derived from hate at all, but comes more of a practical physiological one.

If society were to actually come to this same conclusion , the world might become more accepting of homosexuality.

What is the stumbling block to this suggestion, closed minded ancient dogmatic religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit