Two mounting proofs for Armageddon in 2034

by slimboyfat 32 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

As mentioned by Narkissos a couple months ago, Doubting Bro yesterday, and no doubt others. Is this where they are headed? I say "evidently" it is.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

So...the time left remaining is 24yrs....! Would they be brave enough to set another date...?

AWAKE Oct 8th,1968 pg 23

"True, there have been those in times past who predicted and "end to the world", even anouncing 'specific dates'. Some have gathered groups of people with them and fled to the hills or withdrawn into their houses waiting for the end. Yet nothing happened. The "end" did not come. They were guilty of False Prophecying. Why? What was missing?

Missing from them was the full measure of evidence required in fulfillment of Bible prophecy. Missing from such people were God's truths and the evidence that he was guiding and using them."

THIS EVIDENTLY DID NOT APPLY TO THEM.

WT 15th Sept. 1998, pg 10 para, 10-13.

"It is easy for the established churched of Christendom and other people to criticize JWs because their publications have, at times, stated that certain things could take place on 'certain dates'..........True, some expectations that appeared to be backed up by Bible chronology did not materializee at the anticipated time. But is it not preferrable to make some mistakes because of 'over-eagerness' to see God's purposes accomplished then to be spiritually asleep as to the fulfillment of Bible prophecy."

If they do start introducing this idea, then it will be interesting to see how they fan it into a white heat, the same as they did with 1975, and then either walk away from it, make excuses or blame the brothers for getting the wrong idea. We know how they operate by now.

• teel
    teel

If not by 2034, then sure by 2038, when the *nix systems will fail and bring about the End of the World (just like the Y2K bug did in 2000, remember?) Hey, it's at least as believable as "1 generation evidently means 2 generations".

• wobble
    wobble

I doubt I will be around in 2035, but if i am I will send you all Happy Apotanewyear greetings, coz the big A is only a figment of imagination.

Love

Wobble

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I nominate slimboyfat for an award for giving us the longest thread title ever on JWN.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Dont forget the 12/15/03 or 04 WT that had this same premise. This is the one that really started to open my eyes to the bull.

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

It's just like life itself,..... everybody dies at some point..(JW's Also).

And the world will die at some point too.

So..

Eventualy someone will come with a right date to predict armageddon or the end of the world... but there will be no one left to tell him he was right so who cares?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They will not name a date in print. They will lean heavily on the 120 years example of Noah's day from the platform at conventions and through circuit overseer's talks. They will constantly leave an escape route for later, not so obvious but there. They already left one in this overlap doctrine of implying a single overlap without saying it. Later, it will be a continuous overlap, basically falling back on the 2008 doctrine of just 'the anointed in the last days.'

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Wow, I didn't even get a third of the way through the thread title before I checked out. I suppose that's why I never got baptised. I only even clicked on it to say I didn't realize we could make thread titles so long. ;)

Okay, I'm done, just ignore me.

Jackie

• RR
    RR

I didn't know you could get all that in the title

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit