Two mounting proofs for Armageddon in 2034

by slimboyfat 32 Replies latest jw friends

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Jinx! You owe me a coke.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Here is a disscussion of the WT I was refering to:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/61033/1/Dec-15th-WT-Our-Watchfulness-Takes-on-Greater-Urgency

Paragraph 7 says the following

"After being given divine warning of things not yet beheld," says the apostle Paul, "Noah showed godly fear and constructed an ark for the saving of his household." What about us? Some 90 years have passed since the last days of this system of things began in 1914. We are certainly in "the time of the end." How should we respond to the warnings we have been given?...Now is the time to do Jehovah's will with a keen sense of urgency.

Can anyone spot the delibarate mistake?! Not only are we living in the last days, we are also living in the time of the end. How can we be living in two time periods at the same time? When will they get it, that the last days were for the Jewish people living at the time, or just before the time of the destruction of Jerusalem. Not only that, but they actually acknowledge that we are now 90 years from the date that Christ supposedly came invisibly and set up his kingdom. 10 years ago, they were still spouting the 1914 generation doctrine, now they are blaming us for the kingdom delay. How much more hypocritical can you get than that?

• nugget
    nugget

It is all madness. 1914 takes us back to 607 which is wrong so although the premise may be right the conclusion is wrong.

Every day Armageddon is further away.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Why start the preaching in 1914? They were preaching before 1914. And they usually start the "modern-day" preaching work to 1919. Are they actually changing this?

• blondie
    blondie

1879 (1st issue of the WT) + 120 years = 1999 (woops missed the fulfillment)

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Doesn't the Watchtower teach that Noah preached for 40 years? Has that changed? As long as that's the case, I don't see a modern-day parallel. Noah supposedly preached for 40 years to give people warning. When they didn't listen, God brought the flood. Why would JWs preach 120 years (if you start counting at 1914 and not 1879) if the people they preached to in the early days were going to die before Armageddon? What kind of a warning would that be?

"Hey, listen, Neighbor...120 years from now your house will burn to the ground and everyone inside will die."

"Gee...thanks. I'll keep that in mind..."

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

It wouldn't surprise me if the FDS do come here for inspiration. its good that you have put everything in the title - this will surely make it much easier for them

• sd-7
    sd-7

2034? Many have speculated on dates for the 'end of the world'. Such false prophets fail to base their predictions on God's Word, which contains accurate Biblical chronology for our day. Since the late 1800's, earnest Bible students were predicting major events to take place in 1914. In fulfillment of God's Word, Jesus Christ was enthroned as King in that year, invisibly present to rule over the earth. Satan the Devil and his wicked angels were also ousted from heaven at that time. Since the Bible says that Satan "has a short period of time," it is reasonable to conclude that this system will not last much longer.

We are wise not to speculate on when the end will come. Could the world end in 2034? It could. But we are not saying. It could. But we are not saying. Something may happen in 2034. It may not. Whatever the case, we can rest assured that "the time left is reduced."

Kool-Aid Man II

• minimus
    minimus

the longest thread title yet!

• JeffT
    JeffT

So, in twenty-four years the kids graduating from high school this year could go to college, get good jobs, get married, buy a house, have children etc. Or they could spend the time knocking at the doors of not at homes in an effort to sell more magazines. I wonder which route the WTBS is going to push (not).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit