Preliminary report: 58 JWs died in Haiti

by AndersonsInfo 33 Replies latest jw friends

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

http://www.jwbrothers.org/play.php?vid=2080

Among Jehovah’s Witnesses, congregation elders work tirelessly to make contact with all members of the congregation to ensure that they are safe or can get to a safe place. Also, the elders check to be sure that each one has life’s necessities, such as clean drinking water, food, clothing, and essential medication. Meanwhile, Witness families in safe areas open their homes to fellow Witnesses among the evacuees. Such love truly is “a perfect bond of union.”—Colossia ns 3:14.

Although direct communication to Haiti remains problematic at this time, preliminary reports are starting to be received at the Witnesses’ world headquarters in Brooklyn. The branch office of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Haiti at Santo, near Port-au-Prince, reports no injuries among their personnel and no major structural damage to their buildings. Additionally, communication was established with Witness missionaries, and no injuries are reported among the missionaries or the traveling elders among Jehovah’s Witnesses who were visiting congregations in the affected areas. Sadly, preliminary reports confirm that 58 Witnesses lost their lives in the earthquake; that number is expected to rise as more reports are received.Witness es around the world are offering their assistance. The Witnesses’ relief efforts are currently being coordinated from their world headquarters in Brooklyn with the assistance of the branch office in the Dominican Republic, providing practical help and spiritual comfort for the victims. More detailed information will be provided as it becomes available.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Good people wanting to do good for other people in need. Too bad it all has the WT-spin to it.

At least the survivors among them will get aid from good people.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I would have expected that the JW's would know fairly quickly about those in their congregations.

Whatever their faults are, I feel strongly that they will look after each other and their needs and have an accounting of their members.

It's a good thing.

purps

• watson
    watson

Donations can be made to the "Worldwide Work." No need to specify "Haiti."

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

hmmmm, OK

• Gayle
    Gayle

2009 JW Annual Report for Haiti: 14,910 Av. Pubs.

• Gerard
    Gerard

So i can't make a donation specific for the maintenance of their private executive airplane in Alaska?

• watson
    watson

Purps,

It always bugged me when a specific tragedy came up, and donations were asked for, and this qualifier was always placed in the instructions. THEY will make sure the proper money gets to the proper place.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

The little money I donated for Haiti, I have no idea what they will actually use it for.

I don't know what to say.

Right now any and all help is needed.

The WT will be picked apart for what they do and fail to do concerning Haiti.

They no doubt are helping some people.

The "world" is also helping people.

purps

• watson
    watson

Any and all help is needed, for sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit