Preliminary report: 58 JWs died in Haiti

by AndersonsInfo 33 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I want to add, that my heart goes out to these people, many JW's have family that are not JW's or are exJW's.

I think the JW's will do an excellent job in finding their members and will be able to let loved ones know the status of them.

purps

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

The witnesses in Haiti will be helped by the world. Then the "excess" donations the WTS receives due to the world helping the witnesses will be put to "good use" where they deem appropriate. Give your money to the Red Cross, Salvation Army....

Send your good thoughts/energy/prayer to ALL the people of Haiti. On this Earth WE are all BROTHERS.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    Meanwhile, Witness families in safe areas open their homes to fellow Witnesses among the evacuees. Such love truly is “a perfect bond of union.”

I've never understood this...how is this loving..? Can you imagine any other religious group specifying only 'taking in' their own 'kind' when faced with such an awful tragedy (the WT would slate any other religion as being unChristian)..? It's just human kindness to help anyone who is in dire need.

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

If you believe Disaster Relief means rebuilding Kingdom halls and helping your fellow believers you probably are a J.W.

I've already noticed the only J.W. interest is how are the brothers making out. It's their mindset to forget anyone who is not practicing their religion.

As usual all the J.W. will pray for the brothers... not for the people of Haiti.

Sure is a good thing the Relief organisations don't ask what religion you are before offering their help.

In an upcoming Awake! article they will highlight how their efforts to help their brothers convinced those who needed help they need to be part of the true religion. Many observers of their show of what true brotherly love is will be moved to join the witnesses and become part of the international brotherhood.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Just seen on News that UK charities will be helping fund relief in Haiti...the WT being a registered charity here, I wonder what its contribution will be..?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

This is in no way meant to come across as it does and shoot me down if it does, but Dubs dying in an earthquake mean less Dubs spreading their message of death and doom, so indirectly probably many lives have been saved, forgive if this came across in any way morbid

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

Ya know did the Red Cross get into a stink when they did something similar with the World Trade Center. They had donations coming in for those people and ended up giving the funds to other people not WTC. I wonder if the Witchtower could get in similar trouble if it was exposed where the money goes. I which that conspiricy theory show would hit them.!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> Donations can be made to the "Worldwide Work." No need to specify "Haiti."

The reason the WTS gives instructions like this is because, by law, they must spend the donation as directed by the donor. "World Wide Work" allows them to spend the money on anything they want. If you specify "Haiti" their hands are tied and they can spend the money only on "Haiti".

When there is a disaster the WTS likes to have to option to take the Disaster Relief money and spend it on the GB or printing books.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> So i can't make a donation specific for the maintenance of their private executive airplane in Alaska?

Actually, you CAN. This is why the WTS gives instructions NOT to.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    This is in no way meant to come across as it does and shoot me down if it does, but Dubs dying in an earthquake meanless Dubs spreading their message of death and doom, so indirectly probably many lives have been saved, forgive if this came across in any way morbid

This comment pretty much renders me speechless.

Judge Dread

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit