I wonder how long it will be until we hear about JW's helping only JW Haitians

by restrangled 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

I thought I read that the earthquake wasn't on their site.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Ok, Browns post is 22:31:47 (April 14) GMT....does that mean general mountain time? He's on Eastern.

Any way...find it funny after this thread. If someone can explain it......thanks. Perhaps I am assuming things.It just happened to turn up.

Here is their post:

For Immediate Release
    January 14, 2010

Earthquake in Haiti

NEW YORK—Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide are expressing deep concern for the victims of the devastating earthquake that took place in Haiti on January 12, 2010. Many Witnesses have made particular inquiry about the welfare of their 16,000 fellow worshippers in Haiti after learning of the magnitude 7.0 earthquake that struck about 10 miles southwest of Port-au-Prince.

Although direct communication to Haiti remains problematic at this time, preliminary reports are starting to be received at the Witnesses’ world headquarters in Brooklyn. The branch office of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Haiti at Santo, near Port-au-Prince, reports no injuries among their personnel and no major structural damage to their buildings. Additionally, communication was established with Witness missionaries, and no injuries are reported among the missionaries or the traveling elders among Jehovah’s Witnesses who were visiting congregations in the affected areas. Sadly, preliminary reports confirm that 58 Witnesses lost their lives in the earthquake; that number is expected to rise as more reports are received.

Witnesses around the world are offering their assistance. The Witnesses’ relief efforts are currently being coordinated from their world headquarters in Brooklyn with the assistance of the branch office in the Dominican Republic, providing practical help and spiritual comfort for the victims. More detailed information will be provided as it becomes available.

Jehovah’s Witnesses have been actively promoting Bible education in Haiti for over 80 years.

Last updated 14 January 2010 22:31:47 GMT

Copyright © 2010 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania. All rights reserved.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

GMT = Grenwich Mean Time. East coast is I think -5 this time of year.

• VIII
    VIII

I guess the WTS does read this site. Look at the time the JW-Media.org site was updated. *Last updated 14 January 2010 22:31:47 GMT*

Maybe Mythbuster is JR Brown?

Here is a blurb:

Witnesses around the world are offering their assistance. The Witnesses’ relief efforts are currently being coordinated from their world headquarters in Brooklyn with the assistance of the branch office in the Dominican Republic, providing practical help and spiritual comfort for the victims. More detailed information will be provided as it becomes available.

Jehovah’s Witnesses have been actively promoting Bible education in Haiti for over 80 years.

Last updated 14 January 2010 22:31:47 GMT

Hey, Mythbuster/JR, you might want to post a number/web thingy where people can give their TAX FREE Donation. Wouldn't that be smart?

PS: I mean on the JW Media web page. But, I'm sure you'll get the Bethel Boys right on it. (wink, wink)

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

I thought I read in this thread that it wasn't on their site, I looked, I found it. I posted it here. The date time stamp was questioned as to when it was posted. I explained what GMT means. That's it, just trying to add to the board.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

VII: "

**Donations for a specific relief effort are gratefully accepted. However, it is preferred that such donations be made to the worldwide work of Jehovah’s Witnesses, since monies are drawn from this fund as the need arises."

So basically, they are using the disaster as a carte blanche fundraiser?

They will talk about the quake and the misery of the people to psyche you up for when they ask for money. With the little mind games they play, you will think that you are contributing to help the quake victims of Haiti, while WT walks away with a pot of gold, winking and saying to themselves, "Well, we didn't actually say the collection is going for that."

• restrangled
    restrangled

so here are my questions:

They have communication to New York, and they are aware already aprox. 50 odd Jw's are missing? (perhaps those that missed the latest meeting?)

They had no damage to their building, are the doors open to those in the streets suffering in the heat with broken bones, homeless, or those needing water and food or medical care?

If they have communication capabilities, are they sharing that with everyone?

Would you like to take a guess?

r.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

restrangled, the average JW that sees a person outside their door would be kind and show concern. I know what you are saying about the building run by those that answer to WTS. They might have instructions to close the doors. But I will give the benefit of the doubt to the good people rather than the evil empire.

• agonus
    agonus

Well, I think the Evil Empire's official press release pretty much speaks for itself.

• alanv
    alanv

About a week ago there was a video on youtube showing how wonderful JWs were at dealing with emergencies. I find it sickening how they have to brag about what they do. All other agencies just get on with the work in hand but JWs have to show off abou it.

Look out for bragging articles in the magazines and probably in the 2011 yearbook next year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit