I wonder how long it will be until we hear about JW's helping only JW Haitians

by restrangled 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

We've been through several disasters here in Florida, and the JWs have helped everybody, not only their own. Having said that, yes, they do concentrate and start out helping other JWs affected by the problem, but many others do receive the help as well.

One must understand the resources are limited and the Watchtower does the best they can. Also, at this time of need, the brothers and sisters won't just sit there, they'll start helping themselves and others as well.

The WTBS has received many praises as having one of the most organized ways to help the needy. I've been on both sides, giving help and receiving help, and I'll tell you, it's wonderful.

DY

• dgp
    dgp

I guess this earthquake could be a huge embarrassment for the WTBTS. Would they insist that donating blood is not a good thing to do under these circumstances? If a worldly person donated blood that resulted in saving another worldly person's life, would Jehovah frown on that? What if a Jehovah's witness survived the earthquake, but needed a transfusion? Would it be fair to say that Jehovah wanted him to survive so he could die for lack of a transfusion?

My purpose here is not so much to attack the witnesses, but to point out just how terribly wrong the "blood policies" are.

I do hope every Haitian receives as much help as possible. All Haitians, JW or not, should be considered equal humans, equals also in the sight of God.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The SHeeples will be URGED to put donations into the WWW contributions box.

That way the WTBTS can "best decide how to use the funds".

How much will get to Haiti?

I look at all those poor people - dying now - not from the quake. Frankly I find the flippant tone of some posts distasteful. Especially when these poverty stricken people are only a few miles from the wealthiest country in the world.

Doubtfully - I think you are right, because like most people who help others those JWS are truly good kind people. It is the calculated wickedness of Crooklyn that I despise.

HB

• restrangled
    restrangled

We've been through several disasters here in Florida, and the JWs have helped everybody, not only their own. Having said that, yes, they do concentrate and start out helping other JWs affected by the problem, but many others do receive the help as well.

One must understand the resources are limited and the Watchtower does the best they can. Also, at this time of need, the brothers and sisters won't just sit there, they'll start helping themselves and others as well.

The WTBS has received many praises as having one of the most organized ways to help the needy. I've been on both sides, giving help and receiving help, and I'll tell you, it's wonderful.

DY

The above I find hilareous. I've been through 2 of those hurricanes. I don't know where you were located, but the JW's were never in this neighborhood, or any surrounding checking for anyone.

Rescources are limited? Are you kidding? they have multi million dollars!

Where in the Hell do you get your info? more ridiculous info for an assembly to be written up in some watchtower.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL@Restrangled!!..

I wish I had the WBT$ multi Billions of dollars,limited cash..

The WBT$ will find a way to scam,the local Hatian disaster relief..

And..

Use the local Jehovah`s Witness`s to do it..

• VIII
    VIII

Sorry, but the WT web site, on my above post, asks for donations ^^^.

Here is the specific quote from the Watchtower.org:

**Donations for a specific relief effort are gratefully accepted. However, it is preferred that such donations be made to the worldwide work of Jehovah’s Witnesses, since monies are drawn from this fund as the need arises.

My Mother told me she is going to the KH tonight with her checkbook because she knows the Elders will ask for donations for Haiti. Ummm, when have they set up relief for any disaster and when have you seen JWs in the news for being charitable?

I say never.

• restrangled
    restrangled

V11 you posted:

Here is the specific quote from the Watchtower.org

**Donations for a specific relief effort are gratefully accepted. However, it is preferred that such donations be made to the worldwide work of Jehovah’s Witnesses, since monies are drawn from this fund as the need arises.

Now I didn't see anything specifically for Haiti and this is their typical response. Any monies accepted will go the the worldwide work....hardee har har...straight to the the support of the old regime first, for their food, bedding, haircuts, travel expenses, dry cleaning, laundry, and especially health problems and insurance.

Then, and maybe then, Haiti if it comes to mind. In the mean time as I stated, make sure and watch for some unbelievable claims that they made sure Haitian JW's were taken care of.

I'm sure they will be soaking the brethren for funds, saying:

"Please put it into the world wide fund"

The Latest Watchtower or Awake in April or May will be full of bragging about their support.

r.

• Mythbuster
  • restrangled
    restrangled

Here is one more thing....we are all aware the GB has a private airplane, or more....why aren't they down there now? Perhaps because some big time boasters are enjoying a vacation or has a talk to give in an exotic country or Island.

No need to call them back for the miserable 13,000 in the poorest country in the world.....the local KH's and witnesses should take care of this problem.

r

• restrangled
    restrangled

Mythbuster...I will tell you this now, as I posted my original thread there was no reference to Haiti on JW Media. org.

My only guess is they watch this site, and Mr. Brown, got his act together after reading my post.

I am not surprised one iota...and ...why did it take them so long?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit