The serpent (Pat Robertson) speaks!

by Nathan Natas 44 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

Yes he did Dinah. And he wasn't the only one.

Makes my blood boil!

• donny
    donny

He was also the jackass who "prayed" to reroute Hurricane Gloria that was going to hit the Virginia Beach area where his CBN headquaters are so that it instead hit the New York area. I guess because there were more "ungodly immigrants" there.

Donny

• rebel8
    rebel8

Why Nate I'm surprised at you. Patty doesn't need to cite references. It comes straight from the voices in his head! lol

Posting this quote for posterity. IMO this is one of those historical quotes that should never be forgotten.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/13/pat-robertson-haiti-curse_n_422099.html

"Something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it," he said on Christian Broadcasting Network's "The 700 Club." "They were under the heel of the French. You know, Napoleon III, or whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, we will serve you if you'll get us free from the French. True story. And so, the devil said, okay it's a deal."

Robertson said that "ever since, they have been cursed by one thing after the other" and he contrasted Haiti with its neighbor, the Dominican Republic.

Religulous!

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

According to CNN he said that abortion in the USA is the reason why there are earthquakes and hurricanes, etc., killing so many people. Are you kidding me, sir. You are one sick individual. If I believed there was a Satan, I would believe that Satan is in charge of The 700 Club.

One more reason why people around the world are losing faith. Perhaps that is a good thing.

• chickpea
    chickpea

kinda makes ya wish that batch of mixed nuts
    would practice abstinence more enthusiastically

• Robdar
    Robdar

I brought the tar. Who brought the feathers?

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

...and 9/11 was due to da gayz, feminists, abortionists (apparently a bunch of people he disagrees with)...he did later apologize for that, maybe he'll recant this one, too...

Funny though that even though all these folks are still around, Gawd seems to have lost a little interest in punishing with airplanes flying into buildings...true story!

• ninja
    ninja

why would pat robertson have his hand like this?

same with annie besant

and anton lavey

go check why they are all flashing this sign and it may clue you in on why this so called christian leader is making these controversial statements

• Chalam
    Chalam

Whatever you believe about the Pat and the 700 Club, rest assured they not only will be supporting Haiti with their prayers but likely with financial and physical aid.

Anyone who has watched the program can see week in, week not only the spiritual but also physical and financial support they provide for the poor, the disadvantaged and the suffering.

I wonder what RightWingWatch and their ilk have done to help people lately or are they just content to criticise those who do?

Blessings,

Stephen

• yesidid
    yesidid

Stephen,

Why am I not surprised you support Pat Robertson?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit