uni is not all its cracked up to be me dears, sorry

by highdose 38 Replies latest jw friends

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I thought this was about Sushi. I don't like Uni Shooters, either.

-Aude.

• out4good3
    out4good3

I'm sorry, but the OP's comments about higher ed is really "chapping my ass" right now.

Were it not for even the two-year degree I got 15 years ago, I would not have been able to totally transform the way my family was living.....wife doesn't have to and is currently not working, materially flush, nice cars, 3800 sq.ft. quarter million dollar house and I still have to listen to the snide remarks from JW relatives ,who have not a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of, trudging along with minimum wage jobs implying that higher education is a waste of time.

Right now, I'm finishing up the basics to transfer to a University for a BA. I'm not letting anything get in the way of my educational goals ever again.

• JWoods
    JWoods

+++ to out4good3.

While it is true that some college kids are basically slackers who think it is a 4-year party...if you apply yourself into a meaningful degree, you are literally miles ahead of the typical janitor or laborer that a typical born-in JW ends up to be.

Life is much what you make it; so is college, and college is a BIG step in life.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Next time you post stuff, please try spellcheck. Home College seems to be worth every penny.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Sorry , one more thing. Education is the key to success and knowledge. Seems that religious orgs. don't want you to be sooo smart. Smart people stay away from orgs. and cults.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Look at this way: the original post is a complaint that a foundation doesn't make a very good house.

A college education is a foundation, a start; not an end product. As an accountant I've learned about 90% of what I know about accounting at work, post graduation. However, that is not saying that I didn't need to go to college - I could not have learned any of it without instruction in the basics, plus a lot of peripheral classes like advanced math.

I had an employee a couple of years ago that was in her second or third year of school, she could not grasp a lot of what I was talking about, she simply had not yet acquired the tools to do the job.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Highdose,

SOMEONE had to anchor the left end of the Bell curve.

Thank you for your service.

BTW, your nickname wouldn't be a clue to your recreational proclivities, would it?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

highdose: "while yes i learnt alot at collage"

What is 'learnt'? Is that some kind of cockney?

Is this your collage?

• John Doe
    John Doe

The ultimate truth you seemed to have failed grasping is this, you get out of an education what you put into one, and no more. Education is a tool, and tools are only effective when used properly. Having a boot knife and a pair of brass knuckles no more makes you a soldier than having an "education" makes you educated. If you did not use your opportunities to adavantage, that is not the fault of your education.

• changeling
    changeling

John Doe!!!! Welcome back! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit