'Giving Attention to the Needs of the Circuit.' Sooo uplifting...

by whereami 47 Replies latest jw friends

• whereami
    whereami

These people just love instiling guilt on these poor souls.

At a recent circuit assembly a circuit overseer gave an awesome talk during the portion, 'Giving Attention to the Needs of the Circuit.' He talked about meeting attendance.

He asked: 'How much would you pay for a seat at a world-class opera? How much would you pay for a seat at a popular music concert? How much money would you pay for a seat in one of the world's finest educational institute?' He went on to compare how much many people pay just for a chair so they can be in places they want to be.

Then, he asked: 'What about your chair at the kingdom hall? Can you put a pricetag on it? God's word says 'Yes'!' He went on to read Acts 20:28, which gives counsel to overseers about paying attention to yourselves and to all the flock...' Then, it mentions 'the congregation, which was bought with the blood of God's son, Christ Jesus. He lowered his Bible.

Then, he said forcefully: 'What's the price now? If there was a pricetag on your seat at the kingdom hall, it would say 'the blood of God's son, Christ Jesus'. He highlighted the fact that anywhere else, a seat with a high price would never be empty. But in the kingdom hall, why then, with such a high price, are so many seats without people in them?

He concluded by reminding us 'Your seat at the kingdom hall has been reserved especially for you. And the blood of Christ Jesus is responsible. And with such a high pricetag, please don't let it be empty.'

This talk got the most applause out of any talk that weekend. In fact, when he applied the scripture in Acts about the price of our seat at the kingdom hall, the audience actually gasped, sort of one of those hair-standing-on-the-back-of-your-neck moments.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

It is just amazing how the CO can be so motivating. Though I have always noticed that those that are irregular at the meetings usually don't change. Such talks are usually not heard by those missing the meetings.

• changeling
    changeling

First I must say that this in one creative CO. He could probably sell ice to eskimos.

Secondly, the "Needs of the Circuit" talk has long been looked at as "lower the boom" talk. It gives CO's licence to come down hard on the circuit and often for things they consider pet pieves. I've heard everything from: Don't have large extravagant weddings, to: sisters need to wear panty hose at meetings and field service, to: christians should not own the CD, "Fourplay" because it's a double entendre, in such talks.

• villabolo
    villabolo

I thought the blood of Jesus was reserved, by Watchtower dictate, for the Anointed. Let them fill up the seats.

villabolo

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

If the seats are empty, must need to do more field service.

• sir82
    sir82

It always kills me when "meeting attendance" is the theme of a "local needs" or "needs of the circuit" part.

Umm, hello? McFly? Helloooo?

The people who are hearing the talk on the importance of attending the meeting...are ALREADY ATTENDING THE MEETING!

The people who "need" to hear the motiviational speech on meeting attendance...AREN'T THERE!

And they wonder why kids roll their eyes and can't wait to leave as soon as they are 18....

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Funny logic:

Opera, university expensive - seats full

KH for free - seats empty

He meant: you damned bastrds are so unthankful......

But reality is:

People really want to se opera, study university - so they are willing to pay big money for it

Nobody wants to listen the BS in the KH even for free - so the seats are empty.

That simple for me....

simple Albert

• hecouldbewrong
    hecouldbewrong

This sort of manipulation drove me batty.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I'm in tears right now, clapping.... I'm going back to the kingdumb hall.

GOODBYE EVERYONE!

• dig692
    dig692

lol @ sir82

The people who "need" to hear the motiviational speech on meeting attendance...AREN'T THERE!

Too funny! You would think these "leaders" of the WTS would realize they are talking to the wrong people!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit