Are there any hunters on this forum? Can you help me?

by Robdar 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Tracks in snow can rapidly enlarge even in below-freezing temps to create the impression of a much larger animal. Snow can sublime directly into water vapor. If it was clear and sunny, the process could occur quite rapidly.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

On the other hand, there's snipe and Chupacabras, greys, deros and yetis.

Scientologists don't leave footprints in the snow.

• JeffT
    JeffT

More questions, were the tacks in a line (like taking a field sobriety test) or was there clear definition between right and left sides, or for that matter front and back. Were the toes short and fat or long and skinny? Going into or out of the woods?

• restrangled
    restrangled

Sorry,...Happy to say you aren't able to identify and kill.

Unless you kill to feed your self and family, its nasty stuff.

Had an uncle that was a big trapper, caught a lot of big cats, and made a lot of money.... his wife had a coat you couldn't purchase through designers in New York.

I have no use for hunters in this day and age. I worked for a moron that use to go to Africa and shoot down everything in his sight.

He was so proud of the lions, giraffes, Antelopes, Zebras, cheetahs, and leopards, that he was able to bring down., along with water buffalo.

He sickened me and I quit the job.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Restrangled: what are you saying is nasty stuff. A lot of game, cooked correctly is quite good. Sportsmen have actually done a lot, including limit their own activities, to preserve game animals. The idiot you used to work for is not a sportsman, killing that kind of game, on the kind of hunts I suspect he was on, is about as challanging as shooting a car in a parking lot.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Dissed: The first thing that comes to mind for me is the T Rex or a V Raptor. But knowing they only live on an island off the coast of Costa Rica and that they don't do well in the cold I would suspect something along the Mammal line.

LOL @ Dissed. Believe it or not, I thought about a Raptor but then thought that Raptors probably wouldn't have pads. Or, would they? ~shudder~

Anyway, with the raptors running amok, I thank Jehovah God that I do not live in Costa Rica. LOL

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

We have lots of armadilloes down here. Do they live as far north as Kansas City?

• Robdar
    Robdar

dig692: The only 3 toed mammal that comes to mind is a sloth, but I'm pretty sure they only live in tropical climates...unless its Sid from Ice Age

We do have 3 toed sloths at the zoo, but the zoo is about 30 miles away from my son's residence. Besides, sloths are such lazy creatures, I do not see how they could have had the energy to vamoose all the way to Pleasant Valley, MO. Of course, stranger things have happened.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Yes they do.

Mammals of Kansas:

http://www.ksr.ku.edu/libres/mammals_of_kansas/roadkill.html

You saw an armadillo track. The middle 3 toes are on the back feet are very prominent, and the two outer toes could easily be missed.

Poor thing was probably forced out of its routine by the cold.

BTS

• restrangled
    restrangled

Jeff T, you are so correct and thats why I quit working for the fool.

It was horrible in his office with all his pictures of game, that never, ever should have been shot, especially those stuffed for his ego.

That was the VP. The president had his own collection. The 2 of them were disgusting in my opinion. They had private plane they took everywhere, and just for your FYI...

This was an owner of month to month storage. You know, those garages you can rent.. He represented a big firm. The biggest deal was that they were' VERY CHRIST LIKE> They prayed or should I say preyed everyday. It made my skin crawl.

The profit was incredible.

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit