Birmingham, Alabama

by linp24 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Thanks a lot. I can't get that Lynrd Skynrd song out my head now!

• snowbird
  • kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

I would love to hear more about this. I haven't heard anything but would love to find out!

• dinah
    dinah

Almost sounds like they've left one cult to start their own..............

• highdose
    highdose

dinah that sounds so cyrptic!;) you can't just leave us hanging like that surely???...

• dinah
    dinah

I was referring to the post that said something about a "funny looking" KH. Believe me, if I could get in touch with someone from down there, I would. I have no connections anymore, I'm too far out of the loop.

• RR
    RR

Okay here is the scoop from someone there, who will remain anonymous.

Apparently the body of elders in Birmingham have a great fear of the Governing bod, and as a result they have been known to disfellowship young naive publishers who ask questions about some of the teachings.

Many of these young ones would approach the elders with doubts and as a result would get disfellowshipped for lying not apostasy. How? Simple, the elders would ask them where they were getting their info and later trip them up.

Because they're young they don't know what's going on in the org. As a result it's been causing distress to young couples because the wives want their husbands in the truth and able to associate. Although the husbands go to the KH. The wives are upset because they are told by the Elders that they can keep them out for 5 yrs or more. Those in the family that won't talk to disfellowshipped ones are at odds with the others.

So, some are looking for a less corporate religion, less authoritative setting to worship Jehovah.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Okay here is the scoop from someone there, who will remain anonymous. Apparently the body of elders in Birmingham have a great fear of the Governing bod, and as a result they have been known to disfellowship young naive publishers who ask questions about some of the teachings. Many of these young ones would approach the elders with doubts and as a result would get disfellowshipped for lying not apostasy. How? Simple, the elders would ask them where they were getting their info and later trip them up. Because they're young they don't know what's going on in the org. As a result it's been causing distress to young couples because the wives want their husbands in the truth and able to associate. Although the husbands go to the KH. The wives are upset because they are told by the Elders that they can keep them out for 5 yrs or more. Those in the family that won't talk to disfellowshipped ones are at odds with the others. So, some are looking for a less corporate religion, less authoritative setting to worship Jehovah.

Wow! This is great news! Too bad it probably wouldn't make a newspaper article or anything...but it would be cool to read a blog from someone at ground zero just to get the direct scoop. I am glad that at least you can keep tabs on this development, RR.

Lets hope these wolf-like elders can keep attacking the flock. It's already opening eyes. Let the freedom spread!

• dinah
    dinah

Thanks, RR. This is great news, although I truly feel for the young couples who are having their lives ripped apart just because of having doubts.

RR, you have a pm.

• sir82
    sir82

Something smells a bit fishy about this story....

"The body of elders in Birmingham"? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there is more than one congregation in the state capital of Alabama. Numerous congregations mean numerous BOEs, not just "one".

I can imagine one BOE, maybe a few, disfellowshipping some "young naive publishers who ask too many questions", but...

-- I can't see all the elders from a whole city, maybe 15 or 20 congregations, all acting the same way. Anyone who has more than a little exposure to JWs realizes that BOEs can, and do, differ in their "enforcement policies" from congregation to congregation. Are there really 100-200 elders across a large region all acting exactly the same way in this one city but nowhere else? Very odd...

-- This has caused 250 (per an earlier post) to up and leave? If there are, say, 20 congregations there, that's over 10 per congregation. If there's so much fear of being DF'ed, does it make sense that that many leave, thus disassociating and, you guessed it, being treated as DF'ed?

There seems to be a lot of holes in this story. Maybe some details got garbled and it's all true, or partially true, or maybe it's just wishful thinking. But until a more plausible explanation appears, it's appears to be just a rumor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit