Birmingham, Alabama

by linp24 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• linp24
    linp24

This may have been discussed before but........

Heard that many jw's in Birmingham are leaving Organization....looking elsewhere for spiritual homes. Wonder what's happening. Don't have details.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Are you in Birmingham? I have been there some years ago. I was thinking about getting a job there in Bham, my then ex wife decided Bham would be too boring. I live in the Atlanta area. You can PM me if you would like to.

• doublelife
    doublelife

Is this true? My brother lives close to there and my mom was complaining to me that he hasn't been going to the meetings. Maybe I should call him.

• linp24
    linp24

asilentone: no, i'm in Florida. There was just a brief statement about this on another forum. Was just wondering if you folks had heard anything.

doublelife: don't have enough details to even know how accurate this is.

• RR
    RR

Yep it's true, a mass exodus, upwards of about 250 Witnesses have left or are in the process. Some made their way to the Chicago Bible Students convention held during the New Years.

RR

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    My brother lives close to there and my mom was complaining to me that he hasn't been going to the meetings. Maybe I should call him.

Doublelife, please do. We'd love to hear the scoop if there is one!

• doublelife
    doublelife

I want to but I'm not sure how to go about it. Nobody in my family knows I'm fading. What if he still feels it's the truth but he's just not going because he's discouraged? How do I bring this up without exposing myself?

• hubert
    hubert

RR, do you know why they are leaving?

Hubert

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I would really love to hear the backstory for this one. I need to keep an eye on this thread...

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    I want to but I'm not sure how to go about it. Nobody in my family knows I'm fading. What if he still feels it's the truth but he's just not going because he's discouraged? How do I bring this up without exposing myself?

You know the jw rumor mill. Just say that you heard that lots of people are leaving in Birmngham and want to know if he knows what's going on. Don't mention that he's no longer going to meetings, because that will put him on the defensive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit