Your faces

by goldensky 105 Replies latest jw friends

• goldensky
    goldensky

Dear all,

I love it when your avatar is a real picture of you. I look at it with interest and my heart warms up. As for those of you whose avatar is just anything else, I try to imagine you (Minimus, Snowbird, JWoods, Cantleave, Tjlibre, Nugget, Outlaw, PSacramento, Wobble, Undercover, MrFlipper, and many, many others... -I stop for lack of space, not for lack of affection-). I'd love to know what all of you look like, I feel so close to most of you! As for me, I've been wanting to change mine for my real face, but I've tried and it doesn't work. I've also tried to post a photo, but I'm new to technology and can't find the way either.

You are a part of my life, and I want you to know I think of you often in my daily life and I wish you all the very best.

• awildflower
    awildflower

Me.........wf

• snowbird
    snowbird

Why, thanks for mentioning me, Goldensky.

When I see your username, I think of a wheat field, a cloudless sky, and a road winding endlessly onward.

The picture above is of Marian Wright Edelman.

I've been told that I look like her.

Sylvia

• goldensky
    goldensky

Awildflower, yes, I had a close look at you the other day and smiled. You are pretty.

Snowbird, I'm glad my user name evokes such a beautiful picture in your mind. Do you know what? I've often looked at the house in your avatar and have imagined you living there, wondering whether that's your real house. It isn't, is it? Sorry, but your picture didn't appear!

• goldensky
    goldensky

Snowbird, I see the photo now! Do you know what? That's pretty much how I've always imagined you! Funny, ins't it?

• awildflower
    awildflower

Godensky, I guess I was checked out when you checked in so I'm going back to re-read your story. It is quite amazing and you make some excellent points, especially the one about blood and animals! Can't wait to finish reading them and getting to know you. There's another new person on the board from Spain as well. One of my favorite dishes is Paella! But I can't quite seem to get it right. Any tips? I asked him also but he said he's an eater of Paella not a cooker of Paella! Thought that was so funny!...........wf

• snowbird
    snowbird

Good!

The house is on the grounds of Snow Hill Institute located in Wilcox County Alabama.

It is the school I wish I had attended, but my dad's alcoholism and my mother's neurosis prevented that from happening.

It was founded by a pupil of Booker T. Washington who is an ancestor of Spike Lee.

http://www.bbaaghs.org/photos/SnowHillInstitute/

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

Oh, I forgot!

You're from Spain and may not be familiar with Alabama.

Please forgive me.

Sylvia

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

snowbird, I always thought that you were from the northern states or Canada. Now you are living in the south to escape the cold weather that is in the south also.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Me and my family :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit