Why Do Some Elders Go After "Faded Ones" While Others Leave Us Alone?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

So far, no one has really bothered me. I always wonder why. Then I read of how some are always getting calls and visits. I don't get it.

• snowbird
    snowbird

They're probably afraid of your knowledge and thinking abilities.

I believe that's true in my case, anyway.

Sylvia

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

That is a question I wonder about. Why did they hound and dog me when I tried to fade, yet others are left alone.

• minimus
    minimus

There's plenty of sharp elders who got harassed by the elders.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I've been fading since 2005, no visits yet.

I don't think they want to tangle with anything that smells like me.

Sylvia

• zoiks
    zoiks

Personality of the elders, dynamics of the BOE, personality of and demands made by the CO, relationship dynamics between any given elder and the fader, any current "light" on inactive ones coming from Brooklyn... just stuff really.

Edit: I'll also guess that the manner and speed of the fade is important. If you're fading really fast like me, people tend to notice.

• goldensky
    goldensky

No idea, Minimus. I passed from being 100% active in June to NOTHING, and nobody has bothered me. The few I've met have been extremely nice to me (I loved them lots when I left -still do- and I know it was reciprocal). Just this morning I stopped at a zebra-crossing to let a gentleman go past and it turned out to be one of my best friends, a MS in my congregation. He was SO happy to see me! But nobody has dared asked a question. Two elders come to my house from time to time for a beer after their tennis-match with my husband (who has never been a witness) and their mouth hasn't opened yet to question me. They talk to me happily as if nothing was the matter, exactly as they did before. I must say that, although fully involved in the activities of the congregation, I've always minded my own business and I've therefore gained the respect of my brothers. Also, in my phone call to the presiding elder in June (one of the tennis players), when I told him I wouldn't be coming to meetings any more, I insisted I didn't want ANYBODY to try to find out any of the reasons, because I wouldn't say a word. It seems to have worked so far...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Some people are lucky with thier fade..

Some people are willing to do what it takes,not to be bullied..

Like all Bullys

Elders are opportunists,they prey on the weak..

None are willing to get thier ass kicked physicly or financialy..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

It could be that they like me.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Elders are opportunists,they prey on the weak..

So true about some of them.

They know there is nothing weak about yours truly.

I have never been able to abide injustices.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit