Should I post here anymore?

by Mindchild 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

That is the question I've been asking myself. I'm not trolling for attention with this post. Nobody has hurt my feelings. I'm not really feeling down today. I'm just honestly wondering if I expect too much out of this place.

To be sure, I've made some cool online friends here and I enjoy interacting with them in chat and especially private IM's but I've noticed all my posts are heading towards fluff-dom with few being worth the time to read. If you look at the statistics on this site, you can see that most often the posts that get the most hits are the "emotional hot buttons" where someone stepped on someone else's toes. There are really few topics here that are serious and draw much attention. I can see Farkel's points now in looking for a better community to hang out in.

Am I wrong? Do you get discouraged when you put a few hours into researching and putting up a thread or replying to a post and it doesn't do much of anything but waste your time?

Perhaps I need a break from here or need to rethink my own expectations of what I hoped to accomplish. Maybe I have done that already. Do you guys think about things like this too?

Skipper

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

i think about it often, mindchild.

i guess i'll continue to come here when i have written something that i think might be useful to someone. there are some really wonderful people here and they all know how to reach me via e mail when i am absent for awhile.

mostly due to health i've had to step back, and will have to in a greater degree now, it seems.

i say as long as it helps you or you feel you get something out of contributing, continue. when what it takes out of you becomes more than you are willing to part with, then it's time to move on.

hugs
    essie

• radar
    radar

Mindchild

You are correct, I remember posting about this very point see "Such Vanity".

Just look at the post: Post your JW.com Crush
    It had a massive response.

There seems to be a lack of real discussions with any substance.
    The posts do not need to be like essays just good simple topical discussions.

Anyway do not leave, things might change.

Radar

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

Sure Skipper,I think about leaving here alot.I rarely even read the forum,much less do any serious posting anymore.It's a jungle out there,and it's hard to believe that what I have to say would make much difference to anybody.

But,I've made some really good friends here,and I reckon I'll stick around.The place is having growing pains,I think-as everyone here(new posters and old),are trying to find where they fit into the community.I believe it will settle back down in time.

'Nuff Said,
    Cowboy

We ride and never worry about the fall
    I guess that's just the cowboy in us all

• Satanus
    Satanus

I think i enjoyed all your threads. They gave me stuff to think about. I think they are valuable. But if you believe your intelligence is wasted here, i respect your decision to move on.

It appears that people are still basically herd animals. The ones that are able to advance beyond the common denimator are few

SS

• HyTech
    HyTech

Mindchild

I do not post here an awful lot, but over the past few days I have gone through the process of being disassociated and posting here and hearing all of the responses made me even stronger in my resolve to stand up to these elders. This board has helped me a lot just by reading everyones different situations and how they handle them.

I think it is good to post when you have something you need to say.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Doesn't this simply reflect normal life's conversations? I mean, we have serious conversations with others - but for the most part our days are filled with 'fluff' discussions, etc. Really, how much 'serious' matters can you really discuss. Most things have been hashed over a hundred times already. So I see no difference here than a normal group of people hanging out in a coffee shop. mostly fluff, occasional 'biggies'.

• JT
    JT

I'm sorry you feel that way- i'm sure we all do at times, but it is important to keep in mind that this sites serves a 2 fold purpose.

1. For yourself- its helps you first off see that YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN your journey out of wt

you and i can be thankful for this NET "THANG"- i have spoken to folks, read folks emails who left wt in 1976 AND IT was not till the 90's did they finally find mental freedom

they felt they were the only one in the world who thought wt was selling useless "Breach Front Timeshares"

then they came to the net and what did they see

folks at all levels in the org sister old, sister single parent , bro new in the "Truth" . Bro Been Round since Knorr days, MS, Pio, missionaries, bethelites the whole thing

and too find out that many of us have for years had doubts

as i have always said Once a JW gets a "Confirmation" it is only a matter of time and they are out

i personally fully understand why the wt doesn't want jw in sites like this

just look at how foolish the avg looks trying to defend the stuff the wt says

it has always amazed me how the wt worst enemy is themselves

they leave a paper trail that follows them to the "JOHN"

one of the first things that stood out to me on the Apostates sites was thier DETAILED EFFORT TO DOCUMENT EVERYTHING THAT ACCUSED THE WT OF DOING

and after reading page after page , docment after document - it just got so hard to keep saying : "THEY MEANT WELL"

SO YOU BENIFIT BY BEING HERE

2. all the lurkers and those who needed a confirmation that you DON'T EVEN KWOW ABOUT

many don't post but they enjoy reading and while they may not post to tell you GOOD JOB

you have no idea whose life you may have set free

this is why I Love this NET "THANG"

james

• Princess
    Princess

Please keep posting fluff. I only come here for fluff, I swear it! I'm not interested in bible discussions. I come here for fluff discussions with people who have a similar background to mine and I enjoy your posts. Don't go away!

Princess

• ILoveUncleBruce
    ILoveUncleBruce

Sorry, had to use this name. Once again over the limit.

I just wanted to say, thanks for another kick in the teeth.

Edited.........I was going to leave it with just that one line but no, I feel I need to open this mouth God gave me and finally speak out!

You people just do not care who's feelings you hurt, do ya? Everytime I see a post stating a person is leaving due to the "fluff" I feel that you are saying is that you guys feel that we are not good enough for you! Bull Shit!!!!!!!!!

When you are hurting, who do you come to? The One who poste long drawn out boring post about things you've already learned about the Org? No, You come to us "Fluff" posters.

You can always get a hug, and a listening ear from us. What do you do? You kick us, make us feel like what we have to offer is nothing.

Know what I say? If you want to leave, go the hell on, don't let the door hit ya! But STOP PUTTING US DOWN! We have feelings too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit